• June 03, 2024, 05:20:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't change password  (Read 8604 times)

kodiakmax

• Level 1 Member
Can't change password
« on: July 25, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »

I am having problems changing the password.  I have reset to factory default and logged in.  I change the password reboot the router and then am unable to log in.  I recieve an error that says "Invalid Password" I disconnect power and reconnect and it still won't work.  I can change the user password just fine.  However, every time I try to change the admin password I am unable to log back into the router.

I am running firmware version 1.8  I have tried updating to firmware 1.9 however it won't let me do that either.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

kodiakmax

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't change password
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:53:40 AM »

Okay this is strange.  I disabled my windows firewall and made sure IE's security was at default settings.  After changing the password again the same thing occured.  Now for the strange part; After a few more attempts I discovered that special characters do not work in the password.  If I use just letters and numbers combinations I am able to change the password just fine.  however If I attempt to put special characters into the field I recieve an "Invalid Password" error if I try to log in.  I have not tried all special characters or attempted to narrow that down.

kodiakmax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »

And one more update.  While setting  see Iwireless network I see I have the same issue with the WPA key.  I can only use an alphanumeric key if I use special characters in it I can't connect wirelessly.  How strange.

PaulP

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »

Are you trying to set the WPA key with special characters?  Aren't those designed to only be alpha numeric?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:34:36 AM by PaulP »