• May 23, 2024, 03:14:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Trying to connect Lexmark printer (wireless all in one) to my network.  (Read 4668 times)

cyclingg

• Level 1 Member

I am using the DIR 625 router to connect my 2 computers and xbox 360 via ethernet.  Everything works fine.

I just bought a Lexmark Pro208 All-in-one wireless printer and am trying to connect it wirelessly with no luck.  I went to D-Links site for my network (IP) and wrote down my SSID and shared key.  I have my wireless network set to WPA2 using TKIP and AES cipher type.  I started Lexmark's utility to setup the printer to my wireless network and typed in my SSID and the shared key number.  It then tried to connect to the wireless network; but, it failed.  I am now using my USB cable to connect the printer.

I even tried to connect to the wireless network using "no security" with no luck.  I thought for sure this would work.

Would someone please help me out?  I tried everything.  I am using WinXP pro, Intel duo core.

Do I need a wireless card in my computer?  I didn't think so because it is still going to be connected  by cable to the router/network.

cyclingg

• Level 1 Member

Never mind; I figured it out.

I needed to add the printers MAC address to the routers MAC filter.