I've bought the fantastic DIR-655 router, but I've a problem with the Jumbo Frame support...
I've a "home" LAN configured as above:
1) Optical Fiber Modem (Fastweb HAG)
2) DIR-655 (firmware 1.11) connected through ethernet to WLAN port) (Fastweb HAG)
3) NAS Synology DS-207+ connected through ethernet cable to port 1 of DIR-655
4) PC with Gigabit LAN port connected through ethernet to port 2 of DIR-655.
5) other two PC connected with a simple 10/100Mbps through ethernet to port 3 & 4 of DIR-655
6) PDA HTC TyTN connected in WiFi to DIR-655
7) Fonera configured as Access Point (for Xbox 360) connected through WiFI to DIR-655
I've two problem:
1. My PC with Gigabit port is connected to Dir-655 with 1000Mbps (Vista Home Basic report 1.0 Gbps), The Sinology has the Jumbo Frame (9000 MTU) enabled and connected with a Gigabit port, but i don't upload and download the files to Synology with a Gigabit speed! The Download/Upload speed is about 8-9Mbps, the same velocity of my previous Router Linksys WRT54GS (only support 10/100 Ethernet connections). I've tried also to set a MTU value about 9000 but the DIR-655 not support more than 1500!!!
So, how i can enable the Jumbo Frame in my DIR-655? In the official specification the DIR-655 support the Jumbo Frame feature, but how to enable it???
The second (minor) problem is to Fonera that isn't able to connect to internet, but result connected to DIR-655 with 802,11g but with a a rate of only ONE Mbps!?
Sorry but the Jumbo Frame is VERY important for me! I've bought this router only for a very very fast download/upload from my PC to NAS Synology thanks to Gigalan (and Jumbo Frame) support.
Thanks a lot for all your time and support!
Sorry for my poor American/English