• June 03, 2024, 09:17:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-552 Reliability Not Good  (Read 5336 times)

redleaderone

• Level 1 Member
DWA-552 Reliability Not Good
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »

Pretty disappointed with this card so far.  Running on Win7-64bit, install was a breeze using windows7 drivers.  But, sporadically,  connections disconnect, timeout, or latency goes through the roof.  Tried Dlink and Atheros drivers.  No matter what, when card is enabled, my DIR-655 router reports wireless lan RX errors ticking up.  

If I configure for wide-channel 40mhz for 300mbs, errors spike considerably more.  Disable the card and use DWA-130 USB and no errors - same PC positioned in the same place.  Had the card too long to return it.  Will try running on the DWA-130 USB for a while to see if the sporadic problems continue or not.

bbklover

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-552 Reliability Not Good
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

i'm experiencing the same issue!!! with DWA552 enabled, it dectects my N router (belkin) and conects to it, but unable to get to internet, the it drops connection. However, it can connect to my neighbor's G network and works fine. Once I disable DWA552, installed NETGear wnpa3100 . It picked up my N router and runs like a champ. 

Anyone have an idea what is going on here. I tried dl latest software from Dlink and reinstalling it but no luck. currently using win 7 64bit.

any suggestions will help...thx  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

grimreaper

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-552 Reliability Not Good
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »

Pretty disappointed with this card so far.  Running on Win7-64bit, install was a breeze using windows7 drivers.  But, sporadically,  connections disconnect, timeout, or latency goes through the roof.  Tried Dlink and Atheros drivers.  No matter what, when card is enabled, my DIR-655 router reports wireless lan RX errors ticking up.  

If I configure for wide-channel 40mhz for 300mbs, errors spike considerably more.  Disable the card and use DWA-130 USB and no errors - same PC positioned in the same place.  Had the card too long to return it.  Will try running on the DWA-130 USB for a while to see if the sporadic problems continue or not.

i had the same problem, but not anymore....
i figure it out, just delete ALL wireless SSID's you used to connect to, make sure you're using the latest drivers ( i also use a DWA-552 and runs like a champ) !!
Getting 300 mb/sec connected to my DIR-655
Better yet, un-install the DWA-552 software, reboot, re-install the latest drivers (1.60) and when ur at the part to search for a wireless connection, use the WPS method.
Hit the buttom on the side of the (right side )DIR-655 router click connect on the installation software, and i guarantee you will be happy....connected!!
thank me later....bye.
Owns D-Link DWA-552(1.60) DAP-1360(1.02) DIR-655(1.34NA) and DGL-4500(1.22NA) OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64