• June 04, 2024, 07:11:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Warcraft Issues  (Read 9581 times)

cmlong83

Warcraft Issues
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »

Hey guys. I am having SERIOUS problems with Warcraft. I originally had the DGL-4300 and had NO issues. When I switched to the DGL-4500 and the DWA-552, I started having lag issues in Warcraft only. While Warcraft will freeze up and my latency will spike, I can actually tab out and browse normally; it doesn't seem to affect anything else.

I switched out the DWA-552 card and put my old one back in - still had issues. So I unhooked the DGL-4500 and went to the DGL-4300 again - problems went away. I have the ports open under gaming, and gamefuel is turned on. Any ideas for settings? Not entirely sure how to correctly set a gamefuel rule. If you have any suggestions for other settings, fire away. At this point, I'm willing to try just about anything.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:13:26 PM by cmlong83 »

vderivera

Re: Warcraft Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »

Which Warcraft game are you having problems with. WOW?

cmlong83

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 02:03:49 PM »

Yes, sorry. World of Warcraft. it's happening again today... random latency lock-ups, but I can tab out and surf the web without problem.

• Codex Borgia
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

Do wow session lag when you use a wired connection?
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

<script src="http://serverfault.com/users/flair/25583.js?theme=clean" type="text/javascript"></script>

cmlong83

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »

I haven't used a wired connection, but I did swap out the Wirless N technology for my old G router/card and the lag went away. I hadn't experienced any issue like this until I switched to the DGL-4500 and DWA-552.

Today I swapped back to the Wireless N to fool around with/work on it, and the lag is still there. So, my guess is that the problem is with the Wireless N setup. I ran a tracert today and didn't have any issues hitting us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com, so it doesn't look like an ISP issue. It seems like traffic is bottlenecking or something when I play WoW.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

Try disabling the N portion of the radio, see if th LAG goes away. If it does then there could be something about the way the N adapter is running in your machine. It's not the router, but the card. Trust me. If switching back to G mode resolves the lag, look at the drivers for the card, make sure they are the latest. Also open the task manager, see if your CPU is spiking.

cmlong83

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »

How do I turn off the N capability of the adapter? I don't have the software that comes with the adapter installed, just the drivers, because the Software caused Vista to crash.

cmlong83

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »

And I can't download the latest drivers for the DWA-552, because they crash Vista. GG, Dlink.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »

Lock the 802.11 Mode of the router to G/B only.