• May 23, 2024, 09:08:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-130 REV E will not pull IP from DIR-615 Router on boot up  (Read 6275 times)

Beast96GT

• Level 1 Member

This is driving me nuts, if anyone can help that would be great!

I have 3 wireless devices on my home network.  

The router is set to use WPA2 AES for encryption.   My computer (Windows 7) connects at N speed and works just fine (with a TrendNet WLAN card).  The downstairs laptop (Windows XP) connects at G speed works great (with a built-in Aetheros card).  My mother's WinXP computer, however, is baffling me.  

My network does not broadcast the SSID, I just type it in.  When installing the DLink software, it says it can't find the SSID and to pick from the ones in the list.  Well, it's not IN the list because I don't broadcast it.  So I have to cancel it and just setup a profile.  

After doing so, it connects, but then it sits there "Acquiring Network Address".  Eventually I get the lovely "Limited or No Connectivity" message.  If I "Repair" the connection, it will reset everything and then I will get an IP and everything will work great.... until I reboot the machine.   Then, it will connect, but spend a good minute or so trying to get an IP, then give up.  

This is extremely frustrating and I'm at wits end trying to fix it.  She runs Windows XP / SP3 with ALL updates.  I've tried the two different drivers on DLink's website as well as the driver from Windows update--only the latest driver that came with it actually works.  

If anyone can help, that would be great.

genesis

• Level 2 Member
Re: DWA-130 REV E will not pull IP from DIR-615 Router on boot up
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:12:23 AM »

Do you have a another firewall software in addition to windows firewall. If so, you need to go into the properties and unchecked "use windows firewall for the wireless and wired connection". It happened to me before, I had kasperky and windows firewall fighting with each other ;)

Properties -> advanced -> windows firewall settings -> click off then apply.