• June 16, 2024, 12:12:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: card recently stopped working  (Read 5341 times)

titanle

• Level 1 Member
card recently stopped working
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »

I've had the dwa-552 and 143 rangebooster running on my vista 64bit desktop for the last year or so without any problems, aside from the bitrate on the rangebooster always being very low.  A few days ago the 552 stopped showing up in the network connections box and it was just the 142 that was connected to my network.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now the neither the 142 or 552 will work.

The 142 wont go past the installation phase, it just says driver install fail and it wont go any further than that.  The 552 installs, but at the end of the install it asks for the card to be inserted when its already there. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using a couple different driver versions but no luck.

Sometimes it asks for the card to be inserted, and other times the install goes fine, it shows up in device manager, but if you go into connection properties it has ipv4 and ipv6 not connected and there is no internet connection.

titanle

• Level 1 Member
Re: card recently stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:04:45 AM »

Ok so after going through a bunch of different things, uninstalling, reinstalling, trying a bunch of different drivers I finally managed to get the 552 to work. I think it's the 1.30 drivers for XP that finally detected thecard and let me connect to the Internet. Now the only issue is that the speed is 54.0.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »

Ok so after going through a bunch of different things, uninstalling, reinstalling, trying a bunch of different drivers I finally managed to get the 552 to work. I think it's the 1.30 drivers for XP that finally detected thecard and let me connect to the Internet. Now the only issue is that the speed is 54.0.

Hi titanle,

You have not mentioned the model number of the Range Booster?

Speed is not a function of the card, but of the Router and its Security Settings.

What Security Settings are you using?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

titanle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »

oh its the dwa-552 card, dir 655 router.  Im using the wpa personal security setting.  I was getting decent speeds before but now its stuck at 54.0

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »

oh its the dwa-552 card, dir 655 router.  Im using the wpa personal security setting.  I was getting decent speeds before but now its stuck at 54.0

Hi titanle,

Are you using WPA or WPA2 Only! which gives you 300 Mbps? Post your Security settings, except the Security Key, itself.
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10