• June 15, 2024, 08:10:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-552 and Windows 7 32bit  (Read 5022 times)

Ezaro

• Level 1 Member
DWA-552 and Windows 7 32bit
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »

I'm just recently upgraded my desktop, was running on an old xp setup to a windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

But I'm having serious issues trying to find a wireless network adapter that can properly run on it without much of an issue.  I bought a DWA-552 since it stats on the box that its windows 7 compatible but it can't seem to hold a stable connection worth a damn.

Sometimes the router doesn't even show up.  I have a D-link DIR 615, and it works great with every other computer I've tested it on and I have the latest firmware so I know its not a router setting.

I've tried everything, I've used the latest Atheros drivers, I've used the drivers that come with the CD, I've even tried older versions and the modded Atheros drivers.  Nothing will hold a stable connection.

The router is only a room away so its not a distance thing.

Any advice on what I should do to make this adapter work or should I return it and grab another?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: DWA-552 and Windows 7 32bit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 03:42:50 PM »

Hi Ezaro,

Upgraded an old XP Setup to Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit?

How much Ram is installed? What is the CPU Speed?

Did you reformat and reinstall the operating system from scratch?

Have you only installed the Card Drivers and not the other software?

When I Beta-Tested Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit Release Candidate, I only installed its Drivers for Vista (160) and have not had any problems staying connected.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10