• May 23, 2024, 04:28:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Response Point platform apparently orphaned?  (Read 7787 times)

jbrant

• Level 1 Member
Response Point platform apparently orphaned?
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:33:40 PM »

Unfortunately, after recently installing and configuring the D-Link DVX-2000MS-10P plus a second PSTN gateway and 10 more phones (for a total of 20 phones), I read many discouraging blogs (mostly at Response Point's official blog site) that Microsoft is not planning on developing any further updates for the platform.  This is really bad to discover after I invested a considerable amount of money and time putting the system together.  And apparently the D-Link phones are too proprietary to work with anything else based on standard SIP standards (like the 3CX software system).

I would like to know D-Link's long term plans for the VoiceCenter system.  Some honest answers from DLink would be greatly appreciated by all.  Thank you.

Neoteric

• Level 1 Member
Re: Response Point platform apparently orphaned?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »

D-Link has indeed discontinued their product.  But the other two manufacturers of Response Point products are still making their products and they will work with D-link products.  At least this is what I have been told by our sales people.

Not sure if this news puts your mind at ease, but here it is anyway.

jbrant

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »

I wonder if D-Link will eventually supply a firmware that we can use to flash the DPH-128MS phones so they can behave as true SIP 2.0 phones and can be used with other IP systems such as 3CX?

dsiegel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »

It does not suprise me that they dropped this product. 

It is one of the worst pieces of technology I have ever worked with.   I have one client who I worked on this system for, they are likely to have issues until the day they bite the bullet and dump it.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »

"D-Link has indeed discontinued their product.  But the other two manufacturers of Response Point products are still making their products and they will work with D-link products.  At least this is what I have been told by our sales people".

The information above is utterly false and lack basis for the same. D-Link is and will continue supporting the Phone system to the end. D-Link has not discontinued the product! The information is misleading at its best and lacks any grounds for the allegation. Any announcement by Microsoft does not in any way imply that D-Link has discontinued the product. Please verify your information with D-Link before posting it on this forum. 

Stirling

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »

It looks as though the DVX-2000MS-5 VoiceCenter™ IP Phone System, 5-Phone Kit for Microsoft® Response Point™ has been discontinued in Canada this is form the dlink canada site "This product is End of Life as of December 01, 2009 in Canada. It may be available in other countries. We recommend that you check your local D-Link website. ". will Dlink US provide tech support for products in Canada

tengky

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:01 PM »

Microsoft has announced discontinue with effective August 31, 2010. Below are extracted from Microsoft RP website.

After transitioning Microsoft Response Point to engineering maintenance status a year ago, Microsoft has made the decision to discontinue the sale, support and development of the Response Point phone system for small businesses, effective August 31, 2010. Current customers will be able to continue to use their Response Point product(s) as per their equipment manufacturer purchase agreement.

How long will products that support Response Point continue to be on the market?
 Original Equipment Manufacturers can continue to sell the Response Point phone system for small businesses until August 31, 2010. Microsoft’s discontinuation of the sale, support and development will not cause current systems to stop functioning on that date. Customers can continue to use the system in accordance to their purchase agreement with the equipment manufacturer and retailer.

jbrant

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »

Since I just purchased this system for our office a few months ago (see above), will D-Link take back my equipment for a refund since Microsoft announced discontinuation of the Response Point platform support and development as of 8/31/10?  Or will I be able to convert the hardware to run on Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS)?  If not, I need to return the system and get something else. The system is very buggy, but it is obvious nothing can be done about it since updates from Microsoft won't be happening. >:(