• June 15, 2024, 06:26:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MAC Address filtering  (Read 20168 times)

Heeroyu16

• Level 1 Member
MAC Address filtering
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:45:42 PM »

Hi,

The MAC address filtering on this DIR-600 is not working, it is still allowing external connections despite setting being set as allow only computer on the list to access internet.

Wireless security is disable due to the need of entering the wpa or wep keys as it is much easier to add only MAC addresses to the router.

Can anyone help me on this?

Firmware is of the latest, downloaded from d-links website.

agung_papakilo

• Level 1 Member
Re: MAC Address filtering
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »

i have the exact same problem.. anyone can help us please??
im using DIR 600 latest fimware also the 2.00

i disable the wep key but only turn on the mac filter and only listed can access..
but i dont know why everybody still can access it.. help please..

f41thr

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »

Hi,

The MAC address filtering on this DIR-600 is not working, it is still allowing external connections despite setting being set as allow only computer on the list to access internet.

Wireless security is disable due to the need of entering the wpa or wep keys as it is much easier to add only MAC addresses to the router.

Can anyone help me on this?

Firmware is of the latest, downloaded from d-links website.

I haven't checked it yet, but I strongly recommend to enable Wireless security (Minimum WPSA, betterr WPA2). I also recommend to chnage the Wireless WPA/WPA2 key on a regulary base.

I'll let you know if MAC filtering work on my DIR-600 when I tested it.

Update: It is working pretty well.

Tom
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:39:00 AM by f41thr »

lotte

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:33:47 AM »

I haven't checked it yet, but I strongly recommend to enable Wireless security (Minimum WPSA, betterr WPA2). I also recommend to chnage the Wireless WPA/WPA2 key on a regulary base.

I'll let you know if MAC filtering work on my DIR-600 when I tested it.

Update: It is working pretty well.

Tom

Would u like to guide us how to config Mac Address Filter?

I got the same problem with Heeroyu16, my Mac Address Filter just prevent Mac Addresses which not include the list from accessing the DLink DIR 600 web-config. (I mean 192.168.0.1)

Thanks.

Heeroyu16

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:10:19 PM »

It seems like the MAC filtering is for local LAN and web administration, not Wireless devices.
I tested it, it blocks the pc not on the list from entering the Web administration page on LAN.
It does not block any wireless device though... kinda stupid design if you asked me.

f41thr

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 12:26:11 AM »

Just try it again. My DIR-600 is a HW B1 Firmware 2.01 and it is working pretty well.

Please have a look if you have ticked the tick box before the Mac Address in the schedule sheet.

I tested it with the DENY rule. And it seems to be OK.
LAN OK, Wireless OK.
The thing with the tick box is not very intuitive, I also have issue with that from time to time.

Tom

ednqn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 05:06:16 AM »

Hi,

Hi, I got the same problem. Mac filtering is not working, everyone can always access my network despite I allow only 4 Macs. I have HW B1 Firmware 2.00. I guess we'll have to wait for a new firmware version.

ednqn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:12:54 AM »

Just try it again. My DIR-600 is a HW B1 Firmware 2.01 and it is working pretty well.

Please have a look if you have ticked the tick box before the Mac Address in the schedule sheet.

I tested it with the DENY rule. And it seems to be OK.
LAN OK, Wireless OK.
The thing with the tick box is not very intuitive, I also have issue with that from time to time.

Tom

where did you find version 2.01?? I got 2.00 and it says its the latest.

f41thr

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:28 AM »

Check the German D-Link page.

For HW Version B2 Version 2.03 is availiable. English Version with language pack.

For MAC filtering see my post.

F41THR