Try to flash the router using the emergency page.
Alternate Install Method using Emergency Room Web Interface
1. Do a Hard Reset (aka 30/30/30 reset):
* With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
* Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
* Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds
This procedure should be done BEFORE and AFTER every firmware upgrade/downgrade.
Plug the ethernet cable that connects your computer, that was plugged into one of the 4 LAN ports, into the WAN port on the router
2. Setup your PC with static IP - ex: 192.168.0.2 (different from 192.168.0.1)
3. Make sure the PC has the following file: ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dir_products/dir-615/dir-615_fw_v4-11_rev_D1.zip
Unpack it and place the "DIR615_v4.11_B02.bin" in a folder of your choice (c:\new\DIR615_v4.11_B02.bin)
4. Open your web browser and get it ready to connect to 192.168.0.1.
5. Press and HOLD the reset button on the router and connect power. Hold the reset button for about 3~5 seconds, then release.
6. Connect the browser to http://192.168.0.1/ . The Emergency Room Updating Firmware screen should display.
7. Browse to and upload the DIR615_v4.11_B02.bin image file.
8. When you see the message "IMAGE UPLOAD SUCCESS", the flash will begin to be erased and re-written.
9. Use your browser to connect to the router at http://192.168.0.1/
The Dlink setup screen should load. If not, you did something wrong. Go back and try again.
Setup your internet connection(dhcp or whatever the case)
Change the IP address of your PC back to automatic configuration.
At the Wireless Security Mode
Security Mode : there are 3 options
Disable wireless security
Enable WEP wireless securityEnable WPA/WPA2 wireless security(enhanced)
- THIS IS THE ONE YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE
WPA/WPA2 requires stations to use high grade encryption and authentication.
Cipher Type : AES
PSK / EAP : PSK
Network Key : WHATEVER YOU WISH - GET A UNIQUE KEY FROM HERE:https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm
Some of the fields in the latest 4.11 firmware were replaced or removed. They're gone from this fw. You don't need them.
Forget what I said about flashing using the emergency page. You just wanted to know about the 'missing' items in the configuration page. They are not needed anymore. The settings you see it's all this fw has and all you need. Nothing more.