• June 04, 2024, 02:08:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't connect to my LAN ::FIXED::  (Read 3966 times)

retread

• Level 2 Member
Can't connect to my LAN ::FIXED::
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »

I just replaced my DWA552 (which was working fine) with a DWA556.  I uninstalled all DWA552 s/w and installed the DWA556 drivers.  The adapter seems to be seen and the router (WBR2310), too (as viewed on the Network Magic network map).  I have checked and double checked the WPA-PSK, and have good signal strength, but the adapter will not connect.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:02:03 PM by retread »

retread

• Level 2 Member
Re: Can't connect to my LAN
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 04:01:01 PM »

Forget it.... I finally got connected.  Still have no idea what the problem was, but I reset everything several times.  I had just about given up when it connected while I was not looking!  I think all this techno marvelous stuff is done with smoke and mirrors anyway!

note: actually I have a suspicion that it was my Network Magic.  I tried to unlock my network, but it wouldn't let me.... but it finally did, even though it reported it could not.  I tried this several times, and each time it reported a failure to lock/unlock, but did anyway.

Latest update: Having more problems, I finally found an updated driver on a support site for techs, and not available to customers normally. »tsd.dlink.com.tw/

I noticed that there was only one driver in 2008 (v.1.30) on DLink support, but several old ones in 2007. This is unacceptable... customers should have access to the latest on the customer site. On the tech support site link referenced above, you can find v.1.40. When I installed it, all of a sudden I got a "very good" connection (4 bars!). Previously, all I got was 2, and along with that some Windows issues.

Now my problem is in getting rid of the old 552 driver... it won't uninstall.

Come on, DLink!  You can do better....

edit: 1/23/10 - Finally got some time to troubleshoot this issue.  Able to uninstall 552 hidden drivers by uninstalling the 556 and its drivers, and re-installing the 552, then uninstalling the 552 drivers and card, and reinstalling the 556 and drivers.  What a mess!!!  I came close to junking my complete DLink network, but this effort saved the day.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:46:19 PM by retread »