• June 04, 2024, 04:57:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-160 Rev A and Ubuntu 9.0.4 assistance, please!!!  (Read 7442 times)

tonyps

• Level 1 Member
DWA-160 Rev A and Ubuntu 9.0.4 assistance, please!!!
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »

Evening all,

Well, I am at a complete loss here.. I have followed numerous post on numerous links for how to get this to work under Ubuntu 9.0.4, 64bit, with absolutely no success. I purchased it today after reading the reviews....
I would greatly appreciate it if someone with experience in getting this to work under Ubuntu would drop me a note with instructions,..,,,as soon as possible....I do not want to spend days working with this if it is not going to lead me anywhere except to the store to return it...
Thank you very much for your assistance!!
Tony ...
tonyps@verizon.net

johnc

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-160 Rev A and Ubuntu 9.0.4 assistance, please!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »

I'm also having problem getting my DWA-160 revA to work with Ubuntu 9.04, mine is the 32bit version.

I've really tried D-links driver, the otus driver compiled from scratch, the new ar9170usb driver and the
ndiswrapper. So you see I've been busy :)

The farthest I got was with compiling the Otus driver myself. I really got it to scan for networks (and blink :), but then crashed when trying to connect to any network.

I'd thought I try this forum and the downloadable version from d-link again before I give up.

For Ubuntu, I used Alien to convert the rpm-package to a debian, and the installed that package. From what I understand this SHOULD install the binary driver? Well, I got just an error when trying to activate (ifconfig ath0 up). The unit does not exist, it says. The lsusb command says " 07d1:3c10 D-Link System".

Then I tried to compile the source code that is unpacked  to /tmp. The user guide says "In case of the Linux distribution did support RPM. The installation can be done by source code installation.". I guess they mean did NOT support RPM?

Anyway I tried to compile the code (sudo make RELEASE=FC TARGET=x86) but only got this error:
zdusb.c:128: error: implicit declaration of function "SET_MODULE_OWNER"

And could not go further.

Can someone help me out on this, please?

johnc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:24 PM »

Ok, I see I just got the source code package from the rpm file now. Yaay :(

So, how can I get by the compile error?

Thanx

johnc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:20:18 AM »

Well, I gave up and bought a DWA-140. Worked out of the box...