• March 28, 2024, 02:57:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Blackberry connection  (Read 20429 times)

noober

• Level 1 Member
Blackberry connection
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »

As my forum name suggests, wireless routers are completely foreign to me. I was able to get my work laptop and personal laptop connected, but now I'd like to connect my work blackberry. The bb is able to recognize the network, but it wants me to enter a PIN into the router. How do I do this? Thanks in advance.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Blackberry connection
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:43 AM »

It is possbily the Blackberry that wants you to enter the router's PIN number (on the label underneath router.) 

Newer DIR routers have Wireless Protected Setup (WPS??)  This is a quick way of configuring a wireless network. Whenever you enter a WPS PIN code, on the device it is requesting it, the router will then send over the wireless passphrase and configure the network completely.

kayla9214

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »

The Blackberry provides a PIN (8 digits) and gives you 5 minutes to "enter this PIN into your wireless router." Where? The router doesn't have a keypad.

When I open the setup wizard that came with the router, it only tries to setup a new network. I don't want to set up a new network, just add my BB to the existing one.

kayla9214

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »

Had to use software that came with the router, manually setup wi-fi on phone using SSID & WEP key provided in software, but it worked!