• April 24, 2024, 10:47:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bug: "Hard Drive has removed" when going to sleep  (Read 2028 times)

slyght

• Level 1 Member
Bug: "Hard Drive has removed" when going to sleep
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »

I am recently experiencing a "new" bug I haven't seen so far with my DNS. Everytime the HDDs are going to hibernate they will be removed completely (log says so in the web interface and lights go orange). I'm not able to access the hard drives anymore until reboot and the log tells me about those messages every ~2 to ~10 minutes.
Is this a known issue? Is maybe something wrong with my HDDs? I'm running firmware 1.08 and have configured Raid1 on two samsung HDDs.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: Bug: "Hard Drive has removed" when going to sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »

Never heard of that. It would likely be a good idea to post the manufacturer and model of the drives. Sounds like they are probably not on the compatibility list. They may be going into sleep mode of their own and therefore lose connection with the DNS323 interface.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

slyght

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bug: "Hard Drive has removed" when going to sleep
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »

Well at least it was working for some time, so I don't actually think it's a general issue with those drives. But if it helps: the exact model version is Samsung Spinpoint HD502IJ (it isn't listed as supported model, but a similar one called HD501LJ is).