• June 16, 2024, 06:09:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Beta Shareport version for the DIR-655 (Beta FW1.32 build04 beta01)  (Read 18427 times)

Ru-Fi-Oh

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8369.0

Post your feedback here.

satcomranger

• Level 1 Member
Re: New Beta Shareport version for the DIR-655 (Beta FW1.32 build04 beta01)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »

Loaded the new code on my DIR-655.  Reset to manf. default, and uploaded saved config. Installed the new Shareport app on 3 machines 2 running XP and 1 running  Windows 7 all 3 are wired.
Previous version was 1.32NA
Notes:
1) QOS engine is Inactive
2) Advanced DNS is Disabled
3) Wish is inactive
4) DNS relay is enabled
5) Secure Spot is disabled.

Several port forwards are up and working, so are wi-fi connections.  The install is a little different for the shareport utility.  It went out and found the printers on the DIR-655 all 3 computers passed the auto connection at first run of the app. Nice feature. 
Printers are on a USB powered hub,  HP 6210 All in one and HP D1520.  Both print fine using the auto connect feature.
I disabled some of the above features do to issues with VOIP.  Will check again later to see if connections will go back up without rebooting

Regards

satcomranger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »

Follow-up
The shareport utility started issuing a "printer disonnected improperly"  since I have it set to reconnect on an error it would attempt a reconnect it would then cycle thru disconnect  -- reconnect -- and so on.  It does it on all of my xp machines and Win 7 machines.  Nothing else has changed since I started the new firmware yesterday.  The XP machines are on different ports of the router, wired so it doesnt appear to be link specific. I will reboot router and see if it starts working for a while again.

Regards

satcomranger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »

Last follow-up

Early today the shareport utility was connecting and disconnecting again.  Disn't las a full day.  Checked on all the connected PC's and they were all doing the same.  Think Ill go build a print sever

Regards

yukon721

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:28 PM »

I know D-Link is trying their best to rectify the Shareport nightmare, but I'll wait until they perfect the beta fix.

ZT3D

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »

I upgraded my firmware to the v1.32 build 04 beta 01 firmware yesterday and already I'm seeing results much like satcomranger. The connectivity worked okay to begin with but after less than 12 hours, I noticed issues again. I've got a Samsung ML-1740 laser printer and a number of PCs connected to this router wirelessly. The majority of PCs are running Windows Vista but my system with a clean install of Windows 7 experiences the same connectivity problems. The latest issue is that SharePort takes an unusually long time to connect, and appears to be connected for a few seconds, but then disconnects by itself and tries to reconnect and the cycle repeats over and over. I say that it "appears" to be connected because my attempt to print a test page under these conditions fails and the long term result isn't any better than the previous 1.3x firmware under which the SharePort connectivity problems began. I took a risk by upgrading from the 1.21 firmware to this beta code (for the sake of providing feedback) and now I'm left hoping that the firmware engineers can come up with a stable solution sooner than later.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:03:29 PM by ZT3D »

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:38 AM »

Thank you for the feedback. We are still working to get shareport fixed along with the other firmware issues going with our routers.

lakesidez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

Loaded the beta code on my DIR-655 and installed the software on my PC, still no luck seeing my USB thumb drive in the shareport port. This "should" be possible, right?

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »

yes it should be possible..

How big is the usb drive?
Make and model?

What OS?
Any Software AV's or firewalls? If so what kind?

clubfoot

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

First tried the beta firmware with Advance DNS and DNS relay off, but the shareport utility kept reconnecting.
Turned back on Advance DNS and DNS Relay and shareport has been working great for the last three days no issues.

lakesidez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

The USB thumbdrive is 4GB SanDIsk Micro Cruzer. I am running 32-bit Vista with Avast AV installed. Also the Vista FW and I allowed the install to modify the FW for changes it needed. Ideas?

Phyroinstinct

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 06:02:28 AM »

Posting results.

tried the new firmware. Prior to this I couldn't get any connection to show up with any usb drive regardless of any settings changed with DNS options.

@ diff laotops one with spk2 one with spk3

After loading the firmware it now connects to the samsong story drive I have and my USB thumbdrive (Diesel 16G) Right after shareport tells me its connected it disconnects and tells me the drive I have installed at the time is "Available" But as soon as I connect again, the drive(either one) disconnects then goes back to available.

Notes added: For one reason or another, when I install the shareport(again) software it will connect to the drive and the drive will show up in "My Computer" and function. I started messing with my firewall/Anti-virus software thinking ok, something is blocking it. On restart (To shut off firewall soft) even with the firewall (Norton) disabled. I lost connection on restart. I then uninstalled the software. Then without restarting I reinstalled the software and it connected to my drive. Then I restarted and lost connection. I uninstalled without restart. Then reinstalled without restart again and it connected fine till I "manual" through software disconnected it. But I reconnected to it after disconnecting it software wise, as long as I dint restart. In later test, if I restarted even with the AV active, it would not connect again till I uninstalled and re-installed software.

If this has been previously covered I apologize. But effectively uninstalling and reinstalling without restarting temporarily corrected the problem on both laptops, weather they were connected via hard wire and wireless. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:05:58 AM by Phyroinstinct »

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:29:52 AM »

In the shareport utility do you have the radio button that says "Connect automatically only for printing" selected?

And "If and error occurs while connected, automatically connect" is also checked.

If you are sharing printers to multiple PC's the said options above is how shareport should be set.

If there is any issues with printing when "Connect automatically only for printing" , the "Confirm" button can be clicked and you can increase the timeout value (there are some cases where the printer driver is rude and wants to keep checking status after the print job is complete) Try changing the value to 10.

If you are not sharing printers you should have it set as default. Assuming that is how you have it set right now.

lakesidez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »

Ru-Fi-Oh did you see my post back with the answers to your question(s)? Any ideas?

knucklebuster

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »

i am using the latest update, will connect to small usb hdd with no issue, but will not connect to larger ones,it will show it in the list, but will not connect, it does not give any errors either. i have the iomega 1tb external usb hdd.
any suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2