• June 05, 2024, 09:21:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Shareport not displaying external drive on 625 Rev C2  (Read 8993 times)

kermit2009

• Level 1 Member
Shareport not displaying external drive on 625 Rev C2
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »

When I run the shareport utility, it says "No device servers were found on the network."

I've tried connecting multiple different external drives and though the USB light on the router turns on, the utility never finds anything.

Here's what I'm running:
Mac OSX 10.5.8
DIR 625 Rev C2 with Firmware 3.08
External drives:
  -Mac OS Extended formatter 500GB WD drive.
  -Generic USB thumb drive
  -512MB iPod Shuffle.
Shareport utility ver. 1.0.1

I've also tried running SX Virtual Link ver 3.1.0 and get the same result.

Any suggestions?

mongeau

• Level 1 Member
Re: Shareport not displaying external drive on 625 Rev C2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »

Hello,

I'm having the same problems with the exact same hardware:
-DIR-625 Rev C2 Firmware v3.08
-iMac 2.4Ghz Interl Core 2 Duo running Mac OS X 10.5.8
  - Silex SX Virtual Link v3.1.0 (SXUPTP Driver 1.4.3)
  - DLINK SharePort Utility v1.10R1 (SXUPTP Driver 1.4.3)

I realize the Silex and DLINK utilities are essentially the same product, but I tested both of them independently.  Same result:  The iMac cannot see my HP LaserJet P1005 printer attached to the router's USB port.

I had no problem using the DLINK SharePort Utility on my PC running Vista.

I have seen problem after problem with Macs in this forum as well as on the web.

Help!

mongeau

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »

D-Link tech support got back to me today (24-hr turnaround).
There is no Macintosh Shareport utility for DIR-625 router.  Here is an excerpt of the email:

------------------------------------------
The DIR-625 doesn't have any Shareport utility for the MAC OS. Only DIR-655,DIR-628 and the DIR-825. If you download the Shareport utility from one of these model it still won't work as it would require a different firmware to be loaded on the router.

drostbro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »

D-Link tech support got back to me today (24-hr turnaround).
There is no Macintosh Shareport utility for DIR-625 router.  Here is an excerpt of the email:

------------------------------------------
The DIR-625 doesn't have any Shareport utility for the MAC OS. Only DIR-655,DIR-628 and the DIR-825. If you download the Shareport utility from one of these model it still won't work as it would require a different firmware to be loaded on the router.

Anyone know if they ever released one for dir-625?  In the alternative has anyone figured out a way (other than an official shareport application) to display an external drive on osx?  I went insane this weekend trying to figure out a way for it to connect.  The windows xp program works flawlessly.  I just can't understand how shareport works with other similar d-link routers, but there is no support for the dir-625.  Any help at all is much appreciated.