• June 03, 2024, 02:27:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: external drive does not mount on macbook pro  (Read 7752 times)

jonm

• Level 1 Member
external drive does not mount on macbook pro
« on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »

fantom drive shows up in the Shareport utility but is not showing up on the Macbook Pro (running OSX 10.5.8). Worked fine on my older machine with 10.4 +.
Anyone run into this problem?
Jon

rothen

• Level 1 Member
Re: external drive does not mount on macbook pro
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:29:54 AM »

I have the same problem with my printer. But in my case Shareport finds the printer and so does OS too. When trying to print it appears as disconnected.

stevegut78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 01:07:33 AM »

Join the club guys....Do yourselves a favor and get an airport extreme.  I did this past friday and was up and running and backing up to time machine within 20mins...  It just WORKED!

tadzooks

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:41:50 PM »

I bought a new Airport extreme, but I cannot get it to run as fast as the 825. With TimeWarner speed tests the 825 gives me 13M down / 480k up. with the Airport I get 6M down and 480k up. I'm taking the Airport back. I cannot get an answer from anyone. Apple says its interference, funny thing though the Airport is in the exact same location as my 825 with the Mac's also in the exact same place. Bottom line: Airport runs half as fast, but I do have time machine access, the 825 runs fast w/no HD access.  I'm not paying TW premium and cant utilize it.

stevegut78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »

Most be a configuration issue.  I getting the same speeds with my Airport Extreme and it too is in the exact same spot that I had my DIR 655 in.  And I get great speeds while backing up to Time Machine and surfing the net at the same time.

mward

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »

Okay, D-link. I like the 655 router. It is fast. But the shareport is a major problem and judging from the comments from this forum, it is a common problem.
Shareport does not see my attached hard dives or thumbdrives. My firewall is down so there should be no problem.
I have downloaded the firmware (1.3 mpk 4 I believe) when I open it it shows a .bin file. When I click on it, it creates a cpgz file. How do you open the file and how do you install in in the d-link software (the software screen is of no help). Look, I want to keep the router, but I have spent way too much time trying to get it to work.
I have a Mac Book Pro running Leopard.
Please respond quickly. I have to make a decision to keep it or return it.

cjkazaka

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »

I have a MacBook Pro running SL.  I have a DIR-628 with a WD mybook plugged into it.  I am also running SX-Virtual Link.  I was having the same problems until I logged into the router and changed the NAT setting under the firewall settings.

NAT ENDPOINT FILTERING

*Endpoint Independent
UDP Endpoint Filtering:

* Endpoint Independent
TCP Endpoint Filtering: