• June 05, 2020, 06:45:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DDNS on DIR 825  (Read 759 times)

patkim

DDNS on DIR 825
« on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »

Hi,
I am in India and I want to now discard my DIR 615 as it's too old. DIR 825 is available on Amazon.in but I understand that it's a discontinued product, yet Dlink India is still offering 3 years warranty on this product.

Properly working DDNS is one of my requirements and DIR 615 disappointed me. The DDNS worked only with FW 5.10 which is too old. It never worked with subsequent FWs. It even does not work with last FW 5.14 available for that model.
Now what I want to know is, does the DDNS fucntion work flawlessly in DIR 825?
At the moment I have no information about the HW revision of DIR 825 available in India but I can get it from the Amazon vendor and update here.
Thanks.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DDNS on DIR 825
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:44 AM »

The 825 is EOL here in the NA region. Last Rev was C. I had a Rev B and enjoyed it while I had it. I don't use DDNS. I presume DDNS worked as I don't remember seeing alot of posts about DDNS. Might search the 825 forum for any DDNS.

If you are getting one from Amazon, you can try it out and if it doesn't work, then you can send it back. Amazon has good return policies.

Any official support will be to be done with D-Link India. I don't know what Rev model they are supporting so make sure you get one that is supported by D-Link India.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

patkim

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »

@FurryNutz  Thanks. The HW Rev is G1 here in India. I have written to Dlink regional support but they are unresponsive. May be the office is closed due to Covid-19 lockdown here in India.

I also just would like to know if Dlink routers like DIR 825 support third party DDNS services like NO-IP? As I understand Dlink's own Dynamic DNS (which has been free for Dlink customers) is going to shut down on 2-Jul-2020 so was wondering if NO-IP would work?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:59:59 PM by patkim »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »

I would presume that the CD19 virus has things on lock down and delayed for a while.

I don't believe NO IP is supported. You can try to configure manual DNS to point to NO IP DNS addresses if you have those IPs.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!