• September 20, 2020, 07:48:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can we do GUEST SSID (ONLY WIFI NO LAN) with DAP Series with VLANs  (Read 1030 times)

Softwaremaker

• Level 1 Member

Hi Folks, new to this forum but an old and staunch supporter of DLINK for years.

i have a simple SOHO setup (Optical Fibre Modem -> Router (192.168.2.1) -> DLINK DGS Smart Web Switch (192.168.2.2)-> DAP 2660 Access Point (192.168.2.3)
I am trying to create an additional SSID for GUEST users - ONLY WIFI NO LAN. Note that is not about WLAN Partition. This is about VLANs

I have created a GUEST SSID with only LAN Tag and the respective MSSID Port Untag and everything else NOT a member. (VLAN 5)
At the Smart Swtich, I have a VLAN 5 created with ONLY the router (P16) and the Access Point (P16) ports Untagged in an Asymmetric VLAN

Result - I can connect to it and browse the WEB and no access to intranet. HOWEVER, I can access the Router and the Switch - which is not what true GUEST SSID is.

I dont think I can keep the Router and the Access Point separate as the Router is connected to the modem and also serves as DHCP.

This leads me to believe what I need to accomplish is NOT possible with my current setup. I would love to hear the experts tell me how to do this if possible.

If not, what do I need to add into this setup ?

Thank you very much !

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can we do GUEST SSID (ONLY WIFI NO LAN) with DAP Series with VLANs
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 06:06:43 AM »

Might check the user manual to see.
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!