• October 31, 2020, 04:12:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 825 G1 Hardware access point problem  (Read 498 times)

nandao1234

• Level 1 Member
825 G1 Hardware access point problem
« on: June 04, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »

Hi guys. I am sorry but I am a bit upset with D-Link. I bought the DIR-825 G1 model here from Brazil. If you look at the local Product Page https://www.dlink.com.br/produto/roteador-wireless-gigabit-ac1200-dir-825/, this model is still active down here. Status do produto: Ativo translates into Product Status: Active. Almost no need to translate =). Newest firmware was released April 30 2019, v7.11. I came here and found out that the product is on the graveyard  :'(

Anyways, I am using it as an access point with my ISP's modem/router as the main device. Ethernet cable runs from a Gigabit LAN port of the modem to a Gigabit LAN port of the DIR-825, I've read the step-by-step of turning your router into an AP http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0 and followed it.
The problem is that my connection to the internet, when running through dir-825, is really poor. The speed sometimes is nice, I can get the full 240Mbps, but the latency is really bad, sometimes getting 240ms (using a server that is 2 blocks from my house) at the speedtest.net test. Webpages in general takes forever to load. Some smart switches that I have close to the router keep going offline even though their status led is indicating that they are connected to wifi. Anyways, do you have a specific guide and/or advice for this model and revision?

Thanks in advance.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: 825 G1 Hardware access point problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 10:02:30 AM »

Welcome!

This forum is a USA regional forum site. So if you see router models i the grave yard, its for the USA region. The Rev G1 model is not marketed here in the USA. Last Rev to be seen here in the USA was Rev B and C. That was many years ago.

Other regions for D-Link may market newer Revs of the 825.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Good Luck.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!