• April 03, 2020, 08:29:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Packet Loss with PPPoE  (Read 608 times)

Epik

• Level 1 Member
Packet Loss with PPPoE
« on: November 16, 2019, 01:25:08 PM »

Hey team!

Thanks a lot for your attention and I have to say that my english is a little rusty.

I've just bought a DIR-825 recently (brand new) and configured it using automatic settings and just putting my ISP infos for PPPoE connection. Since it I'm experiencing packet loss of about 55% after a Ping Plotter 5 test. My network drops randomly which means I can't relate it to any specific trigger. I did some troubleshooting steps after a quick search on internet and not helped me:

- Reseted my router 3x times and configured all over again automatically and manually.

- Using CMD I did a set "ping www.google.com.br -f -l 1492" and received:

O pacote precisa ser fragmentado, mas a desfragmentação está ativa. | The packet needs to be fragmented, but the desfragmentation is active.
O pacote precisa ser fragmentado, mas a desfragmentação está ativa.

Estatísticas do Ping para 172.217.28.131:
    Pacotes: Enviados = 4, Recebidos = 0, Perdidos = 4 (100% de perda) | Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Loss = 4 (100% of loss)

Everytime. When I change in CMD the MTU for lower numbers I can receive 100% of packets normally but after set this same numbers on my router webpage I see packet loss using CMD as well. For example: if I set 1328 as MTU in CMD before put it on router's webpage I can receive every packet using CMD but as I said right after set this same number in MTU the issue still happens.

I'm not even close of an expert and I really need help. :/

My connection is an PPPoE connection with Dynamic IP. I have 100MB of fiber connection.

My equipment:

- DIR-825  H/W G1 F/W 7.10
- Intelbras (Brazilian brand) ONU 110 B v1.0 (apparently this is a bridge)

My PC is connected in LAN ports. I can't test Wi-Fi connection on my PC.

I can't update my firmware because everytime I upload the .bin file it show me a message of error:  "Invalid image file. Please select the correct image file and upload it again."

And sometimes when I try to enter router's webpage I receive the error:

(null) 400 Bad Request
Server: web server
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 21:22:51 GMT
X-Frame-Options : SAMEORIGIN
Cache-Control: no-cache,no-store
Content-Type: text/html; charset=%s
Connection: close

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#cc9999" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#2020ff" VLINK="#4040cc">
<H4>400 Bad Request</H4>
Can't parse request.
<HR>
<ADDRESS><A HREF="http://www.dlink.com.cn">web server</A></ADDRESS>
</BODY>
</HTML>

and have to refresh to keep going.

I do not use any software as anti-virus.

If you need any additional information, please let me know! Help me this issue is driving me crazy;
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 01:37:51 PM by Epik »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Packet Loss with PPPoE
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 07:18:56 AM »

Link>Welcome!

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

Have you checked connections with the DIR router removed from the mix and directly connect your PC to the ISP modem?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!