The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

DIR-895L/R boot loop/ stuck on recovery

(1/3) > >>

yeekli:
My DIR-895L/R has kept rebooting (Power light goes thru Orange, White, and then OFF. Kept repeating same cycle).

Tried factory reset millions times and even (30/30/30 hard reset), after reset, the Router goes to "Recovery Mode", and I was able to upgrade the firmware, but after the router reboots, it's goes back to boot loop again. I tried flash all available versions of Firmware  I could find, from 1.02, 1.13, 1.15, 1.20, 1.21 thru "Recovery Mode". They all completed "SUCCESSFULLY", but afterwards, the router stuck again on boot loop.

I suspect this is likely due to NVRAM corruption, but I am not about to reset it by either Factory Reset or 30/30/30 reset.

I am thinking of open up the router and JTAG it and run "erase nvram", but I could not find any information about JTAG pinouts for this model yet. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Another idea is to add "erase nvram" into D-LINK open source firmware code, and compile a customer firmware. I have downloaded the source code, but could not find good document to make the changes yet. Hopefully someone in the forum can shed lights on it. That would be really helpful.

Thanks a million!!!

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

Please follow this and see if the router will come to ready:
Emergency Recovery Mode

Use the browsers mentioned here. If this fails to correct the boot process, then you might go over to the DD-WRT forums and check to see if WRT can be loaded.

yeekli:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on July 24, 2019, 09:43:10 AM ---Link>Welcome!

Please follow this and see if the router will come to ready:
Emergency Recovery Mode

Use the browsers mentioned here. If this fails to correct the boot process, then you might go over to the DD-WRT forums and check to see if WRT can be loaded.

--- End quote ---

I was able to get to the Recovery Mode to load firmware, but regardless which version I tried, once the firmware upgrade complete, the router goes back to boot loop. I also tried different browser, firefox, IE, and even curl. The firmware upgrade process works, but it doesn't fix the boot loop issue. I still think it's nvram issue.

GreenBay42:
Does it reboot with nothing plugged into it (Internet or LAN ports)?

FurryNutz:
You might try WRT and see if you can get theirs loaded. However possible that same issue may appear.

Something that only D-Link can fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version