• August 03, 2020, 06:09:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using DIR-868L for wifi with FIOS router - Arris NVG468MQ  (Read 4253 times)

mtbdude

• Level 1 Member
Re: Using DIR-868L for wifi with FIOS router - Arris NVG468MQ
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:25 PM »

So here's where I'm at in this adventure:  Connected the DIR-868L to an Arris NVG468MQ WAN connection.  Had WiFi from the 868L right away.  Disabled the Arris radios.  All good so far.

Then I went into the Arris DMZ screen.  I enabled DMZ.  A dropdown next to "Type:" defaults to "Share IP address with WAN."  There is a grayed-out box next to "Default Server Internal Address:"  Passthrough Mode: has 3 dropdown choices: DHCPS Dynamic, DHCPS-fixed and Manual.  If I select "DHCPS-fixed" there is a dropdown with every single device in the house, including "dlinkrouter."  So I haven't a clue about what to do in this screen.  DMZ is currently disabled until I get more advice from you.

Also on the DMZ page is the following: "WARNING: Having DHCP Reservation enabled can cause problems with DMZ features. (DHCP Reservation is currently enabled.)"  So I went to the Advanced - DHCP Reservation screen via a link on the DMZ screen.  There is a button to disable auto-reservation.  Under "Manual DHCP Reservation" there is a dropdown next to "Select MAC Address:"  That dropdown has the MAC addresses for every device in the house.  There is then a box that isn't grayed out next to "Manually Add MAC Address:"  That box populates when I select from the dropdown with the MAC addresses.  Finally, there is an item that says "Reserved IP Address:"  Beside that is a list of ip addresses ranging from 192.168.254.10 - .210.

All of the computers and phones are connected to the 868L and able to access the web, so that's a good thing.  So is there a problem with DMZ not being enabled?

Now to connect the USB network drive, which was the point of this exercise!  [fingers crossed]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 04:34:59 PM by mtbdude »

mtbdude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 12:38:09 PM »

Got the network access storage working on the DIR-868L USB.  (yay).  Accessing the net thru' the 868 also.  As mentioned in previous post (in some detail), didn't get DMZ configured.  Oh well.  Appreciate all the help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 12:39:58 PM »

I would ask your ISP which DMZ or IP Passthru setting they recommend for use with a connected external router. They should be able to tell you.

Glad you got it working for the most part.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!
Pages: 1 [2]