• September 20, 2019, 03:55:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blank Camera Screens with new Dview Cam Software  (Read 1930 times)

MadMikeHoare

• Level 1 Member
Re: Blank Camera Screens with new Dview Cam Software
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »

So I uninstalled Dviewcam v5, deleted the contents and folder for Dlink under "Program Files (x86)", restarted the server then re-installed the latest v5 software.

Same result, no video on server display (via RDP).

However, Dviewcam picked up the configuration data from somewhere so I did not have to add the IP cameras, they were already there when I opened Main Console.

So I'm guessing the configuration data is stored somewhere else on the server. I'd be grateful if someone would tell me what other files/folders I need to delete (and if a file(s), then also where are they located) before re-installing so I can add the cameras "from scratch"?

Thanks - Mike

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 10:29:24 AM »

Please review this:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=75038.0

Let us know if this helps you out...
Cable:200mb/10Mb>NetGear C7800>DIR-882>DGS-1100>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-3902/2202/1203,DIR-2680,890L,882,880L,868L,DNR-202L,DNS-345x2,DCS-933L,936L and 960L.
Go Here>Router Troubleshooting

MadMikeHoare

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 03:52:37 AM »

Tried but no joy, have made changes multiple times with a restart to the software in between but still no video.

Out of interest I tried to view the IP cameras using Internet Explorer and have found that I can not see the video this way either. I confirm I got the ActiveX module to install correctly (if shows up under Manage Add-Ons as "Enabled").

So I'm thinking this could be some kind of Remote Desktop/video on the Windows Server issue rather than just with the D Link ViewCam software? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks - Mike
Pages: 1 [2]