D-Link Enterprise > DGS-1100-Series

Problem with VLAN on the DGS-1100-24p

(1/3) > >>

mazcom:
Hello I have a big problem with create VLAN 802.1Q. I have DGS-1100-08 and in this model I can create VLAN and every think working fine. I need to set the exact same VLANs on the 1100-24 model and I have problem
On the 1100-08 i have
VID 1 Untagged VLAN Ports  eth1,eth2,eth3,eth5,eth6,eth7,eth8  Tagged VLAN Ports - emtpy
VID 30 Untagged VLAN Ports  - empty  Tagged VLAN Ports - eth5,eth6,eth7,eth8
VID 40 Untagged VLAN Ports  - empty  Tagged VLAN Ports - eth5,eth6,eth7,eth8
VID 50 Untagged VLAN Ports  - empty  Tagged VLAN Ports - eth4,eth5,eth6,eth7,eth8

PVID eth1-1, eth2-1 eth3-1, eth4-50,eth5-1, eth6-1 , eth7-1, eth8-1

Could you help me ?
Zbyszek

PacketTracer:
Hi,

using this and that configuration example for DGS-1100 and DGS-1510 (which uses similar VLAN configuration semantics) in addition to the corresponding manuals, I'd suggest you configure ports as follows:

Access ports for VLAN 1 (the equivalent to ports eth1-eth3 of DGS-1100-08):

VLAN Mode:          Access
Acceptable Frame:   Untagged Only
Ingress Checking:   Enabled
VID(1-1094):        1

Trunk ports (the equivalent to port eth4 of DGS-1100-08):

VLAN Mode:          Trunk
Acceptable Frame:   Tagged Only
Action:             Add
Allowed VLAN Range: 50

(Comment: This is not exactly the same as for port eth4 at your DGS-1100-08, because incoming untagged frames will be discarded, whereas they are forwarded to VLAN 50 at your DGS-1100-08 due to the PVID=50 setting)

Hybrid ports (the equivalent to ports eth5-eth8 of DGS-1100-08):

VLAN Mode:          Hybrid
Acceptable Frame:   Admit All
VID(1-4094):        1
Action:             Add (or "Tagged" if "Add" isn't available)
Allowed VLAN Range: 1,30,40,50

PT

mazcom:
Hi
Thank you for help.
I found a solution for eth4 by trial and test.

I set eth4
First step
Acceptable Frame:   Untagged only
Ingress Checking:   Disabled
VID(1-4094):        50
Action:             Tagged

The eth4 is set:
NativeVLAN:  50
Untag:   1
Tagged:  50
Ingres: Disabled
Accept: Untagged Only

In this configuration I gets the address from DHCP according to VLAN50

Second step
VID(1-4094):        1
Action:             Remove
Allowed VLAN Range: 1

In this configuration I dont gets the address from DHCP according to VLAN50

Third step
VID(1-4094):        50
Action:             Tagged

The eth4 is set:
NativeVLAN:  50
Untag:   -
Tagged:  50
Ingres: Disabled
Accept: Untagged Only

In this configuration I gets the address from DHCP according to VLAN50

What is the difference between step one and three that both configurations work ( Untag: 1 or empty )  ??

Zbyszek

PacketTracer:
Hi again,

I'm a bit unclear about what your goals are:

Will switch DGS-1100-24 replace the former one DGS-1100-08, because you need 24 ports instead of 8 ports only?
Or will switch DGS-1100-24 be used in addition to switch DGS-1100-08 in order to extend the port numbers to a total of 24+8=32?
If so, are both switches interconnected to each other to form a switch fabric, and which ports are used for coupling in this case (probably via one or more of ports eth5-eth8 of DGS-1100-08)?

What is special about port eth4 (both at switch DGS-1100-08 and DGS-1100-24)? From your configuration given for port eth4 at DGS-1100-08 I'd conclude that it is plugged to some VLAN capable device that sends and reveives frames tagged for VID 50 only. No untagged frames occur at that port (neither sent nor received) and your setting PVID=50 for this port is just because the configuration GUI demands some value here -  it's meaningless.

Hence I don't understand why you experimented with hybrid mode for port eth4 at switch DGS-1100-24 just to produce some configuration similar to port eth4 at DGS-1100-08? You don't need a native VLAN of value 50, hence my suggestion to configure port eth4 for VLAN mode "Trunk" should be sufficient.

But nevertheless your experiments show how "strange" this D-Link style of VLAN configuration and the logic behind it is. For example, receiving tagged frames regardless of setting the "Acceptable Frame Type" to "Untagged Only" seems to work only due to the simultaneous disabling of "Ingress checking".

--- Quote ---What is the difference between step one and three that both configurations work ( Untag: 1 or empty )  ??
--- End quote ---

Well, both configurations work because you only need tagged VLAN 50 (see my remarks above) irrespective of any untagged frames that might be allowed (as in your first case "Untag: 1") or not (as in your last case "Untag: empty"). The only important thing is that you can send and receive frames tagged with VID 50 at port eth4 which again stresses my suggestion to configure this port for VLAN Mode "Trunk" as described in my first post.

PT

mazcom:
Hi
I have network with mix DGS-1100 ( 05,08,16 nad 24 )
DGS-24 is main switch. Eth5-8 from DGS-24 is connected to other DGS-1100-08 x2 and AccessPoint x 2 ( with 4 SSID -on separate VLANs).
 On the next switch DGS1100-08 ( Eth5-8 from DGS-08 is connected to DGS-1100-24 x1, DGS-1100-08 x 1  and AccessPoint x 2 ( with 4 SSID -on separate VLANs)
To the Eth4 on the both switch is connected PC ( it must working with the same network - VID50) and it must be separate from other LAN

I tested Hybrid because I was not sure if trunk will work when I connect to the eth4 PC (without VID50 assignment on the network card) and not another switch.
I tested before and after posting on the forum, before your answer.

The whole configuration I had prepared and tested for GDS-1100-08 and I was surprised that in the same series of switches in the DGS-1100-16 or 24 the VLAN configuration is so different.

Thank you again for the explanation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version