• March 29, 2020, 02:48:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: FTP server - DIR 882  (Read 1730 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: FTP server - DIR 882
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

What a hassle.

Ok so since I already had my COVR-2600 router online I thought lets try the USB drive on it.

All successful access.
One thing I noticed is that on the 2600s USB status page, the entire usb drive name is fully displayed. Something that the DIR0882 doesn't display. Just partial.

So then connected my PC to the DIR-882 along with the USB drive. For some reason I could not get the USB drive to be seen in networking. I rebooted both USB drive and 882.

So I thought maybe the router was in a bad state so I did a factory reset on it and skipped the wizard. Enabled Samba and saw the drive being access. Eventually I was able to access the drive using the Map Drive, use other credentials and browsing to the USB drive. The USB drive name is not fully seen in the UI. Only partial.

I ran some speed tests with a 2Gb file doing a Read then a couple of Writes from my Windows 10 PC:

Read from USB seems pretty good.

Write to USB started out at around 7-8Mb. Then I noticed it sped up to around 30Mb. Not sure what caused the initial slow Write speed.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 10 Member
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2020, 06:23:58 AM »

D-Link HQ has replicated the slow upload speed issue and have sent it to the vendor/engineers to see if this is a chip limitation or something fixable with firmware. I do not expect a response back until after Chinese new year (they are off work 1/23-1/29).

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »

Thank you Sir.  ;)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

ashishchandra

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2020, 04:08:39 AM »

D-Link HQ has replicated the slow upload speed issue and have sent it to the vendor/engineers to see if this is a chip limitation or something fixable with firmware. I do not expect a response back until after Chinese new year (they are off work 1/23-1/29).

Thank you for the update.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 10 Member
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2020, 06:19:20 AM »

D-Link has confirmed this is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed via firmware unfortunately. It is a memory issue.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »

:(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]