• September 28, 2020, 05:02:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VPN - pPTP or IPSEC  (Read 1077 times)

artsx

• Level 1 Member
VPN - pPTP or IPSEC
« on: January 03, 2020, 10:52:36 AM »

hi D-Link Experts,

I've got DIR-859 router and want to connect it to IPSEC (or at least pptp) VPN. In this emulator link "http://support.dlink.ca/emulators/dir859/VPN.html" it mentions about IPSEC, but my one have no info about IPSEC. my router is A3 hardware. I tried to connect it to PPTP server, but no luck. it is timing out, and on the server side i am seeing "LCP config sending timeout". not sure why... but all my other PCs are successfully connecting to that PPTP server.
Do you think you have a firmware i can use to be able to connect to my IPSEC or PPTP servers from my D-Link DIR-859 router? or i should install ddwrt firmware to support VPN?

thanks in advance,
Art

Edit1: I've learned from DLink support, that DIR859 does not support connecting to VPN servers and i need to get business class router to be able to connect to VPN server. If this is the case, do you think i need to replace the firmware with DDWRT or OPENWRT firwmare to have the VPN working?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:23:58 PM by artsx »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: VPN - pPTP or IPSEC
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 02:54:02 PM »

You can try 3rd party FW. Please make contact with those 3rd party FW sites to see what there FW supports.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

artsx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 06:54:27 AM »

You can try 3rd party FW. Please make contact with those 3rd party FW sites to see what there FW supports.
alright, thanks much :)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 12:30:41 PM »

;)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!