• October 20, 2018, 06:09:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FTP Issues  (Read 90 times)

BigKitty10

• Level 1 Member
FTP Issues
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:22:39 PM »

I normally consider myself well versed in technological components, but there is something about FTP that I just loath.

Nonetheless I pushed through the pain of windows firewall, and managed to setup a FTP server for my cameras. (QUICK NOTE) Those FTP shares are also shares on my SMB server.

After setting up the FTP options on the D-LINK Camera web page, I pressed the test button to test my FTP connection. After which I said "Test Ok".

But then after saving the settings and pressing the test button again, it now shows "Test Error"!!!!

I really wish this camera would allow me to use SMB shares, but whatever.

Can anyone please explain this to me as to why the camera would be able to write something to the FTP shares, save the settings, and then not be able to?!

Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:26:57 PM by BigKitty10 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: FTP Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Be sure your shares are set up and configured to be able to write too.
Have you tried letting the camera record something to the FTP share?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!