• October 28, 2020, 08:07:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-890L Firmware v1.21B02 BETA Released - DNSmasq Fix  (Read 8216 times)

GreenBay42

  • Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2558
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:04:04 AM by GreenBay42 »
Logged

crom

  • Level 1 Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
Re: DIR-890L Firmware v1.21B02 BETA Released - DNSmasq Fix
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 12:09:33 AM »

Once again, important patches that fixes security vulnerabilities are missing on D-Link Croatian web page:

https://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-890L%2FR
Firmware 1.21B02 released 24.07.2018

https://eu.dlink.com/hr/hr/products/dir-890l-ac3200-ultra-wifi-router#support
Firmware 1.20b01 released 03.10.2017
Logged

FurryNutz

  • Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • *****
  • Posts: 49296
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DIR-890L Firmware v1.21B02 BETA Released - DNSmasq Fix
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »

You can use the FW here however I would recommend contacting your regional D-Link support office to inquire about future released. Each region does there own thing so sometimes releases are posted at different time frames.

Once again, important patches that fixes security vulnerabilities are missing on D-Link Croatian web page:

https://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-890L%2FR
Firmware 1.21B02 released 24.07.2018

https://eu.dlink.com/hr/hr/products/dir-890l-ac3200-ultra-wifi-router#support
Firmware 1.20b01 released 03.10.2017

Logged
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

  • Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • *****
  • Posts: 49296
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DIR-890L Firmware v1.21B02 BETA Released - DNSmasq Fix
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »

Not sure if anyone is using this router any more. However I'm seeing bad connection rate speeds on 2.4Ghz with this version of FW.
Testing distance is with in 4 feet of the router with power levels set to low. Tired High power as well and doesn't make any difference.

The 2.4Ghz radio is supposed to support 600Mbps connection rates. My MBP only seeing around 200Mpbs on channel 6 with single mode N. If I use channel 1 and mixed mode BGN, the connection rate is around 54-65Mbps. Looking at the MBP live wifi satus, It displays the channel width while it's open. I saw the 20Mhz change repeatedly between 20 and 40Mhz every 15 seconds or so. 40Mhz would appear for about 8 seconds then go back to 20Mhz.
I checked my Samsung Galaxy S2 pad with wifi sweet spots and it was only connecting at less than 10Mbps.
HT 20/40Mhz disabled.

The 5Ghz radios is supposed to support 1300Mbps on each radio. 5Ghz seems to be ok though my Mac Book Pro 2018 OSX 10.14 is not connecting at 1300Mbps using manual channels and seeing around 1170Mbps. Enabling 2nd 5Ghz radio only and setting AC mode only on channel 161, the MPB is only connecting at 600Mpbs.

Tab S2 pad reported over 300Mbps on both 5Ghz radios.

SC disabled and tested each radio individually.

Enabling SC, the MBP is on AC mode, channel 157, 40Mhz and 450Mbs on 5Ghz-2.
Tab S2 pad wifi sweetspots reports over 300Mbps. Not sure if it's on 5Ghz.

I'll revert back to v1.20 and see if there is any changes in what I'm seeing. No factory reset.
Mixed mode BGN on 2.4Ghz channel 6 sees 65Mbs. If I switch to single mode N, MBP seeings 195-216Mbps. 20.40Mhz fluxuating.
Tab S2 is seeing 70-90Mbps

5Ghz radio 1 AC mode only Auto channel and channel width. MBP is seeing 975Mbps AC mode channel 48 and 80Mhz.
Tab S2 is seeing 310-320Mbps.

5Ghz radio 2 AC mode only Auto channel and channel width. MBP is seeing 780-975Mbps AC mode channel 157 and 80Mhz.
Tab S2 is seeing over 330-340Mbps.

SC enabled. 20/40Mhz disabled.
MPB is seeing 975Mbps AC mode on channel 153 then changed to channel 48 with 80Mhz on 5Ghz.
Tab S2 started at 370Mbps then dropped to 330Mpbs on 5Ghz-2

Factory reset v1.20:
SC enabled.
MBP 1100-1300Mpbs on channel 153 80Mhz AC mode on 5Ghz-2
Tab S2 seeing 330-350Mbps on 5Ghz-2.

SC disabled.
2.4Ghz Mixed BGN mode. Auto channel and HT20/40Mhz enabled.
MBP seeing 65Mpbs on channel 11 at 20Mhz.
Tab S2 seeing 20-30Mpbs

2.4Ghz single mode N, channel 6 and HT20/40Mhz disabled.
MBP sees 195-216Mbps with fluxuating 20 to 40Mhz
Tab S2 sees 50-60Mbps

5Ghz radio 1 Mixed ANAC mode Auto channel
MBP sees 975Mbps on channel 48 at 80Mhz. Upped the power to HIGH and MBP is seeing 1053-1170Mbps.
Tab S2 sees 320-340Mbps.

5Ghz radio 1 Single AC mode Auto channel. Power set to HIGH.
MBP started at 1300Mpbs then dropped to 1170, 1075, 877, then seem to settle on 975Mpbs on channel 48 at 80Mhz
Tab S2 sees 320-330Mpbs

5Ghz radio 2 Single AC mode Auto channel. Power set to HIGH.
MBP sees 1053-1170Mpbs then dropped to 877 on channel 153 at 80Mhz
Tab S2 sees 330-340Mbps

Re-enabled SC:
MBP sees 1300Mpbs on channel 157 at 80Mhz on 5Ghz-2.
Tab S2 seens 320-335Mbps.

Best speed and operation seems to have SC enabled while using v1.20. Thought 2.4Ghz seems to be a problem when only use it alone.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:13:39 PM by FurryNutz »
Logged
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!