• November 15, 2018, 04:53:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-2660 SNMP errors  (Read 728 times)

GlenPickle

• Level 1 Member
DAP-2660 SNMP errors
« on: June 30, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

I have two DAP access points that I am trying to connect to the CWM, but running into lots of problems with.

I was able to connect the APs to PoE and log into them individually to set up their networks. I then realized that in order for them to seamlessly hand off devices to whichever AP has the best signal I would have to connect them to a CWM server. My ultimate goal is for the APs to automatically hand off devices between each other. I don't care how that is accomplished, but I think the only way to do so is through the CWM.

I installed CWM on a Windows 10 PC, but the APs do not show up in the CWM web page. When I run the AP installation utility for CWM it is able to discover the APs just fine, as seen here:

I am also able to successfully push configs that I have exported from CWM to the APs using the installation tool. However, when I open the CWM page in my browser, it shows 0 access points:

and I see a bunch of SNMP errors in the CWM server:

I'm also positive that SNMP is running on the windows box that is hosting the CWM server. I have a lot of experience with SNMP but it's all on Linux. This is my first time ever using SNMP on Windows.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:54:29 PM by GlenPickle »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: DAP-2660 SNMP errors and killing all other internet
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:34:21 PM »

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. The US offers Chat support for consumer products at support.dlink.com. 24/7. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GlenPickle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 02:13:10 PM »

Hey thanks for the response! I actually spent a while on the phone with them on Friday. The call ended with the customer service rep that I spoke to saying that he was going to escalate the case to a network engineer, and that I should expect a call from that engineer sometime on Friday. I didn't receive that call, so that's when I decided to post here instead. I'll try chatting with them again to see if I can speak to the engineer.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 06:57:47 AM »

What region are you located?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

GlenPickle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »

United States. Texas to be more specific.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
Re: DAP-2660 SNMP errors
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »

Someone will be in contact with you.  ;)

GlenPickle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 06:40:31 AM »

So it turned out to be something pretty dumb. The DAP-2660 module in CWM claimed that the most up to date firmware for the DAP-2660 was version 1.11. However, there is a newer version, 1.15. The module pointing to the wrong firmware seems like a bug to me, but also something I should have figured out much more quickly  ;D

Thanks for the help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »

So I presume after you updated FW, the errors have gone away?