• October 23, 2020, 10:48:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSL-2890AL model and need setup VPN from L2TP or PPTP protocol.  (Read 1560 times)

moh.izadi

• Level 1 Member

Dear Expert
I have DSL-2890AL model and need setup VPN from L2TP or PPTP protocol.
I know DIR-605L has this protocol but I canít find this protocol on DSL-2890AL newer model than DIR-605L.
How can I setup this? Is there any other way to connect internet without filtering?
Unfortunately there isnít internet without filtering at my region; so our ISP companies use L2TP or PPTP.
Could you help me, please?
Best Regards.
---

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  • ††▲
    ▲†▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DSL-2890AL model and need setup VPN from L2TP or PPTP protocol.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:49:46 PM »

I would review the user manual and spec for this modem to see if it' supports VPN. Also I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

moh.izadi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 12:37:53 PM »

Hi. I read it's manual completely, this device doesn't setup PPTP or L2TP protocol.
Is there any update for this device at ME region?
I updated my device firmware to AU_1.02.08 due to add these protocols and now my Internet connection has a lot of disconnect  :'(
How can I find version ME with  PPTP and L2TP protocols?
please help me to solve this problem and be informed me a site or link to download it.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:09:27 PM by moh.izadi »
---

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  • ††▲
    ▲†▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »

I I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
D-Link Tech Support Contact Information
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!