• October 21, 2018, 03:39:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-882 and NAS?  (Read 977 times)

SkinnyCyclist

• Level 1 Member
DIR-882 and NAS?
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:26:10 AM »

Thinking about buying this router but Googled some worrying reports concerning NAS - are there any known limitations regarding this? I have a 4TB WD My Cloud NAS and I need to access this both from within my home Wifi network and from work.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:06:25 AM by SkinnyCyclist »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: DIR-882 and NAS?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:54:32 AM »

I would review this:
 Router USB HDD Max Size FAQ

If you wanting true NAS then you would want to get something like this:
http://us.dlink.com/products/home-solutions/sharecenter-2-bay-network-attached-storage/

USB drives are not NAS.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

ggroch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »

I do not think the links answer Skinny's question.  He already owns a WD MyCloud Nas (which is a true NAS, Ethernet not USB) and wants to know if there are limitations the DIr-882 will place on accessing it from inside and outside his network.

I have an 882 and 2 NAS, both larger than 4TB.  I have had no problems.  Perhaps you could describe or link to the challenges you have heard about.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »

If the NAS is true NAS then of course there shouldn't be any problems. Some MyCloud devcies are USB however and it wasn't specified if it was or not. So I posted links to USB side of the information.

If it's ethernet then he's good to go.

Enjoy.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

SkinnyCyclist

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:14:48 AM »

Thank you for your replies. Everything is working fine. The NAS is up and running and is slowly filling up with junk ;)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 09:32:05 AM »

;)