• May 26, 2020, 04:02:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Motion detection DCS-936L  (Read 9894 times)

Adamf1000

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion detection DCS-936L
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »

I too have been affected by this problem. Camera is in a window facing front door and walk way. Active area was set to a couple of squares on the door and some on the walk way. In the morning when the sun hits the paving stones from 7:30am all the way up to about 11ish it would spam false notifications due to the sun. Tried messing with the sensitivity; Got it to a balance around 8-10% where I'd only get about 3-5 per day, but then it wouldn't sense people as much. Especially as it got later in the day. I had contacted D-Link through Facebook and the representative began troubleshooting with me over a week and suggested trying testing with a  single square on the walk way set at 50%. So I tried that, and it would pick up nothing, and not alert for anything. Bumped it up 10% each day over the course of the week until I got to 100% when I could stand in the spot and do jumping jacks and not have it trigger. Reported back to the representative who stated that was very strange and suggested I tried going to the support chat and explaining the case to them. So I did that and the answer I got from that was  "I see. Thanks . The reason behind the spamming of push notification is because that camera senses the sunlight. Even a change on the light can be interpretted as motion"  and to "Unplug it and plug it back in again". *FacePalm*   I had even showed both the representative and the support chat person links to the forums here where people are complaining about the false positive issue on this camera, but I don't think they we're interested in it. Hope the new firmware is coming soon and works because this is definitely frustrating. Most of my products are D-Link, which have been known to be trouble free in the past. However this camera has left that image a little stained.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 08:27:51 AM »

Link>Welcome!

D-Link is aware of the problem and is working on it. New FW is supposed to be on the horizon.

Please be patient. Thank you.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!
Pages: 1 2 [3]