• October 22, 2020, 11:55:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 3.0 on dlink web site will kill your DHP-601AV device - UK Only  (Read 7810 times)

Peter_K

• Level 1 Member

Hello

on support page for DHP-601AV http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/product/dhp-601av-b1-powerline-av2-1000-hd-gigabit-starter-kit

when you select revision B and firmware 3.0.0 you will get file DHP-601AV_fw_revC1_3-0-0_eu_multi_20160729.zip

This firmware will kill your device.

Is possible revive powerline devices with some method like TFTP? All LEDs are off, but LAN port is alive.

thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:05:38 AM by FurryNutz »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Firmware 3.0 on dlink web site will kill your DHP-601AV device
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. Inform them of the discrepancy between Rev B and Rev C files on there site and Rev B FW file is missing or incorrectly linked on that site. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Peter_K

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »

I contacted official D-Link support last week, they reply to me that they checked and confirmed that indeed the firmware is wrong and it will kill revision B devices, because it is for rev C. They told me that I can send devices directly to them for exchange or to my seller. Problem is I have original box and invoice in different city, so I wanted repair it with some recovery method (TFTP), but it looks like it has no recovery, so warranty exchange is my only option.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 05:07:30 PM »

Youll need to ask them if there is another way to flash FW, if not, then go for the RMA.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

xhofl102

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »

Hello, I have the same problem, did you solve it?
Thanks.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:59:20 AM »

recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.

Thanks.

xhofl102

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:07:36 AM »

recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.

Thanks.

Thanks for reply I already did via email (not expecting to get answer)
I am pretty disappointed. They let sit wrong firmware on their site for months, upgrading software can't detect if FW / HW is right, pretty lame.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Firmware 3.0 on dlink web site will kill your DHP-601AV device - UK Only
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »

I recommend phone contacting them instead of email if you don't get any response with in two days or so. You'll get more immediate response this way. This is a mistake on there part and should be addressed by them. Ask for an RMA.