• August 09, 2020, 07:20:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-936L Video Profiles  (Read 3850 times)

Gregwpd

• Level 1 Member
DCS-936L Video Profiles
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:59:59 PM »

I first would like to say that this camera was a perfect addition to my current array of cameras and was extremely simple to setup and get online.  I use a third party solution for recording,  remote viewing and reviewing as it fits my needs perfectly.  In this configuration The video is great for the review process but I still record to the microSD card on each camera to obtain the best picture quality. 

On the DCS-936L I'm having an issue. When I setup the "SD Recording" option I'm only provided with Source: Profile 2 when selecting video. When selecting snapshot I only get Profile 3. Which according to the manual should be reversed.  When I'm in the Audio Video settings, profiles 1 & 3 allow for 1280x720, 640x352 and 320x176 and profile 2 only allows 640x352 and 320x176 which when trying to record using the SD recording method it only records at a maximum of 640x352 and I can't seem to get to use profile 1 or 3 for video recording.  This halves the available resolution for video recording on the SD card.

Has anyone else had this issue or come across this problem. I would like to think that recording in the higher resolution is possible.  Thank you for any and all responses.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-936L Video Profiles
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »

Turn off your nameless remote recording connection completely.

Does the 1920x1080 return? (That's what you want, right?)

Gregwpd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »

I actually just started from scratch and removed the camera from the third party recording solution and removed the camera from the mydlink app.  I restored the device to the default settings and began setup from the start.    After typing the first post, I thought maybe it is the browser was causing me to not configure what profile was used when video recording vs. photo recording. 

I couldn't seem to find a way to add a photo directly to this message, but here are two photos showing what I am seeing.  I uploaded them to photobucket.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/gregpd1/media/SD%20Recording_zpsvcqya3em.jpg.html

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/gregpd1/media/Profiles_zpsbou98i69.jpg.html

Thank again for any assistance.

G

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »

I doubt that you will be able to change to another profile out than #2.

ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DCS-936L/REVA/DCS-936L_REVA_MANUAL_1.00_EN_US.PDF

I doubt profile #2 will go to 720.  But try turning to Quality from CBR, but I don't think it will help.

There must not be enough processing power in this model to stream 720p and record at the same time.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:57:59 AM by FurryNutz »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?

I first would like to say that this camera was a perfect addition to my current array of cameras and was extremely simple to setup and get online.  I use a third party solution for recording,  remote viewing and reviewing as it fits my needs perfectly.  In this configuration The video is great for the review process but I still record to the microSD card on each camera to obtain the best picture quality. 

On the DCS-936L I'm having an issue. When I setup the "SD Recording" option I'm only provided with Source: Profile 2 when selecting video. When selecting snapshot I only get Profile 3. Which according to the manual should be reversed.  When I'm in the Audio Video settings, profiles 1 & 3 allow for 1280x720, 640x352 and 320x176 and profile 2 only allows 640x352 and 320x176 which when trying to record using the SD recording method it only records at a maximum of 640x352 and I can't seem to get to use profile 1 or 3 for video recording.  This halves the available resolution for video recording on the SD card.

Has anyone else had this issue or come across this problem. I would like to think that recording in the higher resolution is possible.  Thank you for any and all responses.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!