• March 25, 2019, 05:34:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can you access the files on the SD card through your internal network? ie ftp?  (Read 1386 times)

cgmendla

• Level 1 Member

Is it possible to access the files via one's internal network? The interface given is a bit clunky.

I would like to periodically grab the files that are on the SD card using something like cobian backup and write them to a usb drive or NAS. (That way, if the camera is destroyed or stolen, I still have the pics/vids)

I'm beginning to think that isn't possible. I don't see an FTP port indicated on the web interface status page.  I tried to ftp to ports 21 and 22 but apparently there isn't a capacity to do that.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology

Try map drive to the camera? Check the user manual to see what configuration is supported by the camera to access SD card files...
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Is it possible to access the files via one's internal network? The interface given is a bit clunky.

I would like to periodically grab the files that are on the SD card using something like cobian backup and write them to a usb drive or NAS. (That way, if the camera is destroyed or stolen, I still have the pics/vids)

I'm beginning to think that isn't possible. I don't see an FTP port indicated on the web interface status page.  I tried to ftp to ports 21 and 22 but apparently there isn't a capacity to do that.

The only thing I think that is possible is to use CURL.

I'm not sure, but I believe someone posted here about it, so you should search on it.  This has definitely been asked before.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲

Any status on this?  ???

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

I found this solution.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=58200.msg236573;boardseen#new

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲

Hope it works...