• July 05, 2020, 12:57:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Enable/Disable 2.4GHz Band with Scheduling with the DIR-868L  (Read 2047 times)

john007

• Level 1 Member
Enable/Disable 2.4GHz Band with Scheduling with the DIR-868L
« on: March 03, 2016, 06:42:00 PM »

Anybody has been successfuly using Scheduling for Enabling/Disabling the  2.4 or 5 GHz Band with the DIR-868L.
Here, it never worked :-[ . Only if I uncheck the "Enable Wireless" check box, wifi will be effectivly turn OFF immediatly but otherwise, whatsoever scheduling I use and Apply, the 2.4 or 5 GHz Band remain always ON. I just want to turn OFF wifi  during the night. I have the last firmware 1.10...
Thanks for any hint of bug confirmation !
John
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:44:53 PM by john007 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Enable/Disable 2.4GHz Band with Scheduling with the DIR-868L
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:43:41 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  Link> >FW Update Process
  • Was the router working before any firmware updates?

How do you have the scheduling set up?

To set up scheduling:
1. Reserve device IP addresses ON the router under Setup/Networking.
2. Set up a schedule under Tools/Schedule on the routers web page. Customize your dates and times here.
3. Use Advanced/Access Control configured and apply the customized schedule to a policy and to the PC(s) or device(s) desired to be controlled. 
4. Ensure Time is set correctly on the router. Tools/Time.

I do believe Setup/Networking/DNS Relay and or Setup/Internet/Manual/Advanced DNS Services need to be enabled along with configuring Reserved IP addresses, Scheduling, and Access Controls.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

john007

• Level 1 Member
Re: Enable/Disable 2.4GHz Band with Scheduling with the DIR-868L
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:54:09 PM »

Ok,  it's just that Time was not set correctly on the router. Now it seems to work reliably with any schedule I put.

Thanks for the help !
John

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Glad you go it working.
Enjoy.  ;)
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!