• February 25, 2020, 08:05:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can I daisy-chain DHP-1320 routers?  (Read 3640 times)

joey9999

• Level 1 Member
Can I daisy-chain DHP-1320 routers?
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:42 AM »

I have 2 DHP-1320 routers.  Can I link these to my main router as access points to get extended coverage?  I need to get coverage to an outbuilding and can't run cable.  My main router is at the far end of Bldg-A.  I was thinking of putting one DHP1320 at the other end of Bldg-A and the other DHP1320 at the closest part of Bldg-B.  I have wired and wireless devices in Bldg-B.  The Buildings are on adjacent lots, but there is a right-of-way between them and I can't run anything across it.  They are on separate meters preventing powerline devices.

My ideal configuration would be Main router--->>DLink #1---->>DLink #2.  That way devices at the end of range can connect to DLink #2.  Also, can I make this configuration seamless connectivity by using the same SSID but different channels?  Using channels like this:  main=ch6----->>#1=ch1----->>#2=ch11?

If I can do this, would I configure DLink #1 first?  Then get DLink #2 to connect to it?

I've been trying to figure something out and this is the best I've come up with.  Thanks for any help. 

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can I daisy-chain DHP-1320 routers?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:22:42 AM »

Welcome!

What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Yes this can be done this way: Main router--->>DLink #1---->>DLink #2  using the same SSID but different channels like this:  main=ch6----->>#1=ch1----->>#2=ch11:
I have not tried this on a DHP PL router though so I don't know for sure if it will work, however please review this and give it a try:
Turning a router into an AP.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

joey9999

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:36:39 AM »

I'm in Mississippi.  I'll have to get the details on the main router the next time I'm at the building.  I've extended range with one router for my garage, but it was a separate network.  I haven't tried the same SSID -type, muchless daisy-chaining a second one.  I didn't know if it was possible and if lag would create problems.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »

IT would work I believe. Lag should not be a problem unless someone is doing some heavy streaming or downloading or something.

Let us know how it works out.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!