• October 20, 2020, 05:21:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Tip when upgrading firmware to 2.02.00...  (Read 2286 times)

grimloktt

• Level 2 Member
Tip when upgrading firmware to 2.02.00...
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:50:40 AM »

If you don't want your DNR to boot loop, you have to only use dynamic (DHCP) with firmware 2.02.00.  Switch to DHCP before upgrading firmware....

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Tip when upgrading firmware to 2.02.00...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 03:04:26 PM »

You might try doing a factory reset before and after loading FW then setup from scratch.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

grimloktt

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »

Already tried...didn't work.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 03:16:51 PM »

A factory reset before should clear any static IP configurations and set DHCP to default before attempting to manually load FW.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

grimloktt

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 03:39:26 PM »

Yes, you are correct.  You can factory reset and allow the user to upgrade the firmware with DHCP enabled.

This, however, doesn't really help the user requiring them to re-setup their DNR.  Why go through that trouble versus just changing that one function through the GUI prior to upgrading?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »

We find that factory reset and manually updating the FW then factory reset ensures a good installation of the FW. Even on routers, we use this process. DNR it shouldn't be needed, however in cases where users may have a static IP address set, then maybe the factory reset would be used. The only item I would make sure of is that a saved configuration file of the DNR is performed before doing any Factory reset or FW update.

grimloktt

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »

That makes sense.

On the reset of my first unit, I did factory reset it to try and get it to work.  I had to input all settings again.  I tried to set static IP on that one after I successfully updated it and input some of the settings at which point it went into a boot cycle.  I reset it and tried a new static IP address never used before--just in case there was a conflict which there wasn't since I could look at all IP addresses being used by the router--and again went into a boot loop.  The last time I didn't set static IP and it has been working flawlessly.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 04:30:18 PM »

;)