D-Link VPN Router > DSR-250N

Cannot connect to admin console - weak encryption (logjam attack)

<< < (2/8) > >>

CBET:
Hi again,

from the local support recommended me to update to version 2.02 firmware from official page. Unfortunately this version is only for hardware version "B" but my device have "A1". In this case they sent me personal link to download version 2.02 for my hardware version, but they do not explain me what is the difference between 2.01 and 2.02 and why version 2.02 for hardware version "A" is not officially announced?
In this case I prefer continue use firmware 2.01 despite bugs which i found.

FurryNutz:
I'll check and see if you can install v2.02.

What version is currently loaded?  ???

--- Quote from: CBET on September 19, 2015, 11:06:57 PM ---Hi again,

from the local support recommended me to update to version 2.02 firmware from official page. Unfortunately this version is only for hardware version "B" but my device have "A1". In this case they sent me personal link to download version 2.02 for my hardware version, but they do not explain me what is the difference between 2.01 and 2.02 and why version 2.02 for hardware version "A" is not officially announced?
In this case I prefer continue use firmware 2.01 despite bugs which i found.

--- End quote ---

CBET:
In present moment router is with 2.01_WW firmware. I have also 2.02 version for hardware A1 but it's not officially published (D-Link local support gave me a personal link for download)

FurryNutz:
If you have v2.xx installed already then applying v2.02 will work. I recommend doing a factory reset, uploading the FW file. Factory reset once more after the FW was process, then set up from scratch. You should be good after that.

killeriq:
I have the same issue...

have 2 routers dsr-250

rev. A1 - fw 1.09 - that one is ok
rev. A2 - fw 2.02B801C_WW - have issue with the "Secure Connection Failed" on FF and Chrome

Reply ive got from Dlink support is that i need to disable

about:config - search dhe and certificate (...)128_sha, put to false

---

This solution is like workaround, where the poor Dlink RnD and Beta testing force customer to disable security and weaken the browser security. Really lame i doubt that both teams FF and Chrome did mistake in their security standarts...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version