D-Link Wireless Access Points For Business > DAP-2660

Dropped packets

(1/2) > >>

sscardefield:
I recently purchased a DAP-2660 (I didn't see a forum for that model). I really like the unit so far, but am concerned with the number of dropped packets it reports. I only have a single 2.4ghz client and single 5ghz client connected so far. On the 2.4ghz radio there has been almost 30% dropped packets on the transmit side and 0 dropped packets on receive. And on the 5ghz radio there has been 0 dropped on the transmit and over 10% dropped on the receive.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DAP? Look at the sticker under the DAP.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DAPs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
* Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
* Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? Use v3, its free.

sscardefield:
1. Hardware version A1
2. Firmware 1.06
3. North America (I guess that's what you mean?)
4. No other wireless equipment in this house of any kind
5. InSSIDer picks up 5 or 6 other 2.4ghz SSID's, but most of them are very, very weak. It doesn't pick up any other 5ghz SSID's.

FurryNutz:
What channel are you currently using now?
Any noticeable connections issues on 2.4ghz?
What is connected to the 2.4Ghz radio?

sscardefield:
1.  2.4 ghz is on channel 1 and 5ghz is on channel 149.
2.  No, but I am not using it heavily yet (we are not fully moved into the house yet)
3.  The only device connected to the 2.4ghz radio is an older netbook with a single band Atheros AR9285. The only device connected to 5ghz is a Google Nexus 7 (2013) which uses the dual band Atheros WCN3660.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version