• October 30, 2020, 09:21:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink camera's  (Read 1334 times)

edh

• Level 1 Member
Dlink camera's
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »

I have a Dlink 5222 camera installed at my cabin. I also have a 942 at my home. For several months I have been hoping that problems accessing these camera's would settle down as Dlink updated, upgraded or whatever they are doing. I want to add 2 camera's to my home and 1 additional camera to my cabin.

Please understand that I am an old fogey not very tech. I need things to work with a minimum of hassle and that's what I got when I bought my first camera for my cabin.  Then I decided I should have another couple of camera's to monitor other area's and also outside the cabin. I have held back now for 2-3 months because there have been periods when I was not able to access the cameras because Dlink became troublesome with my Chrome browser. I do not like the windows browser but have been using it to look at my camera's. Now that goddam "ask" search engine has crept into my computer. I blame windows for that but I'm pissed at Dlink for forcing me to use the windows browser.

I am now looking at Dropcams and will buy them unless my DLink camera's become less troublesome.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:43:08 PM by edh »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Dlink camera's
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:43:05 AM »

• What region are you located?
Please review:
Links>mydlink and Browser FAQ
DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
mydlink.com and Java Application FAQ

Also...
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/15/chrome-42-blocks-java-silverlight-other-plugins-by-default-now/
http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=IlkzRfo0ym7ofWgtMitzCA%3d%3d

Chrome is becoming more of a hassle since they don't seem to support various plug-ins, So I recommend using IE or FF as your browser to use to manage the D-Link cameras. Also ensure that uPnP and uPnP is enabled on each camera. You can find these on the cameras web page under networking.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!