• May 28, 2020, 05:20:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-845L as access point  (Read 4490 times)

theotherPeter

• Level 1 Member
DIR-845L as access point
« on: May 25, 2015, 03:57:53 AM »

Hello forum
I would like to know which settings really are applicable on the DIR-845L when it is used as an access point?.
I have connected it using a LAN port and disabled DHCP and NAT due to rumors, but the are alot of other settings.
Would it not be better if the user selected operation mode in a menu like AP, BRIDGE, REPEATER, ROUTER ETC..
This way the router would know its operating mode and invalid menus would be grayed-out
since they are not applicable in the current mode of operation.
Also the WAN port could be used as a LAN port since the router knows.
Also the NTP would be pulled from router instead since the router knows its operating mode.
Thanks
Peter

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DIR-845L as access point
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Please review:  Turning a router into an AP.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DIR-845L as access point
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:56:47 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

Hello forum
I would like to know which settings really are applicable on the DIR-845L when it is used as an access point?.
I have connected it using a LAN port and disabled DHCP and NAT due to rumors, but the are alot of other settings.
Would it not be better if the user selected operation mode in a menu like AP, BRIDGE, REPEATER, ROUTER ETC..
This way the router would know its operating mode and invalid menus would be grayed-out
since they are not applicable in the current mode of operation.
Also the WAN port could be used as a LAN port since the router knows.
Also the NTP would be pulled from router instead since the router knows its operating mode.
Thanks
Peter
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!