The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Hubs and Switches

NVR connection with switch

(1/3) > >>

coszam:
I have a Dahua 4216 NVR, I had it connected to a Dlink 1008G with 4 cameras and everything worked fine.
I needed more ports due to expansion(more ip camera's) so I bought a Dlink DGS-1016A but the Switch will not recognize the NVR, Why ?

I replugged into the 1008A and it works again but still won't when i plug into 1016A.

Any Help would be appreciated.

FurryNutz:
Swap LAN cables between the NVR and switch. Try a different port on the switch.
Check the link speed settings on the NVR if any. Should be set for automatic or 1000Mb.

Now old is the NVR?

The switch is a unmanaged switch and not a smart one so the switch should be compatible and work. All other devices or on the switch right?

coszam:
NVR is less than 6  months old.
cable from NVR to Switch is good
I already tried a different port on the switch, no luck.

Everything else that i have plugged into the 1016A switch works fine(3 desktops and 2 camera's)
Is there another name for link speed setting ? cause i can't find anything by that name on NVR settings.

FurryNutz:
You'll need to refer to the NVRs Mfr support sight and information regarding what this device support. Most nomenclature around this area is link speed. Maybe connection speed or LAN connection speed. it may not have any features like this.

One thing you can try, connect the NVR to the older swtich, then connect the older switch to the new switch...what happens here?

coszam:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 25, 2015, 11:35:12 AM ---One thing you can try, connect the NVR to the older swtich, then connect the older switch to the new switch...what happens here?

--- End quote ---

I did this yesterday, and that works, but I'd really like to only keep one switch on the shelf,  And find out the reason why the DGS-1016A wont recognize the NVR and yet the Dlink 1008G does cause basically they are the same switches.

By the way, I make my own cable, does it matter whether the Straight-through cable  is T568A or T568B Pin Out from NVR to Switch ?  I used T568B.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version