• September 24, 2020, 08:13:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multiple Xbox 360 consoles and NAT issues  (Read 7026 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Multiple Xbox 360 consoles and NAT issues
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 12:33:16 PM »

Is the wireless console wirelesslly connected to the modem? That would be reason why the DNS is showing the modems DNS and not the 655s DNS.

Remember your in a double NAT condition. Be sure the console is connected to the 655 if thats where you wanting it to connect.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Lone Wolf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »

Yes 100% sure connected to the DIR-655, the wireless on the modem is disabled.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »

Ya, odd that the DNS is 0.1 and not .1.1 from the 655...should be from the 655. Can you run a wired cable to this 2nd console to test to see what it gets on wire?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

Lone Wolf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 01:25:12 AM »

Ok just a quick update:

DNS relay is disabled, and I restored the network settings to factory default on both consoles, and both consoles now show the ISP primary/secondary DNS server IPs in the network config section :)

I played an hour of BF3 on the wired console with no issues, and my son played an hour or so of Halo 4 on the wireless with no screaming (which means it didn't disconnect) :)

I will try wiring both consoles but I've loaned my extra long ethernet cable to my bro at the mo so can't do this for a while.

I haven't had time to check for quicker DNS servers yet but those apps look good :)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Multiple Xbox 360 consoles and NAT issues (RESOLVED)
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 10:47:37 AM »

Sounds good. Yes, sometimes the networking on 360s gets hosed up and is the cause of many NAT status issues. Sometimes doing a factory network reset on the consoles clears this issue up. Hope it keeps working well.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:07:55 PM by FurryNutz »
Pages: 1 [2]