• March 28, 2024, 12:11:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 2332l Firmware updates?  (Read 22509 times)

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: 2332l Firmware updates?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 07:11:35 AM »

Divx player?  Is that pc only?

Sorry, I'm not a macky. Just throwing out a suggestion

Thanks.  Plenty of ways to play the files (I use VLC), so playing them at all isn't the issue.  It's the crashing that's the annoyance.

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 11:53:25 PM »

I noticed this firmware finally adds motion detection while in chrome. WOOT!!!!

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:08 AM »

I noticed this firmware finally adds motion detection while in chrome. WOOT!!!!

Yes -- as I posted above, no need for IE to configure motion, at last.  However, I noticed that (in Safari, anyway) once you activate a square in the grid, there is no way to deactivate it.  You have to click the clear button and start the whole thing over.  Is that what you see in Chrome?

fousa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »

Now, on mydlink lite, when I try to send audio to camera, it says that new firmware is available but don't give version information..

rstark18

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »

I use a third-party iOS app to monitor my cameras remotely (the D-Link apps have never worked).  That app still mostly works with the new firmware, but one thing that no longer works is being able to hear the camera's mic.

Which app are you using? I currently use JustConnect+ but that has never supported audio. I am looking for a fast app that also does audio. Thx.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

Which app are you using? I currently use JustConnect+ but that has never supported audio. I am looking for a fast app that also does audio. Thx.

JustConnect+ has never worked for me at all:)

I use Live Cams Pro for iOS (App Store link).

fousa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »

Mydlink lite for IOS v3.3.3

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 07:31:32 PM »

Mydlink lite for IOS v3.3.3

My main issues with that app are:

1.  It's a bit flaky (freezes, audio artifacts in audio stream, other random stuff)
2.  If you're not using MyDLink, you can only access your cameras if your device is on the LAN with them
3.  Does not support full resolution for the 2332L

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »

Ya you have to clear and start over in other browsers other than IE. Little annoying but I can live with that.

Yes -- as I posted above, no need for IE to configure motion, at last.  However, I noticed that (in Safari, anyway) once you activate a square in the grid, there is no way to deactivate it.  You have to click the clear button and start the whole thing over.  Is that what you see in Chrome?

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »

Ya you have to clear and start over in other browsers other than IE. Little annoying but I can live with that.

Can you check the mp4 files this firmware generates?  Do they play natively on your computer for you, or do you have to use VLC or other third-party software to play them?  (And what OS are you on?)

Thanks!

fousa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 01:34:31 AM »

My main issues with that app are:

1.  It's a bit flaky (freezes, audio artifacts in audio stream, other random stuff)
2.  If you're not using MyDLink, you can only access your cameras if your device is on the LAN with them
3.  Does not support full resolution for the 2332L

1. Sometimes yes, the audio have some artifacts.
2. You're right. Works for me because I'm using mydlink service.
3. Does support full resolution on DCS-2332L. You have to configure Profile 2. Try this configuration:

Overall I'm satisfied with the app. Lacks only viewing the SD card recordings
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:45:11 AM by fousa »

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »

After the firmware up if I set motion it does not seem to record anything unless I set 0% under percentage. I used to use 65% sensitivity and 2% percentage but now nothing seems to happen. Anyone else seeing this?

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »

After the firmware up if I set motion it does not seem to record anything unless I set 0% under percentage. I used to use 65% sensitivity and 2% percentage but now nothing seems to happen. Anyone else seeing this?

As I posted above, I've rolled back the firmware to the prior version.  But while I was testing this version, I didn't observe what you mention.  However, I didn't adjust the settings I already had in place.  They continued to work properly.

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »

I use other apps with mine online away from home. I just use a dns name or ip and open port on router. For example camera1 i have opened to 90 and camera2 to 91 both fowarded locally to port 80 of each cameras ip.

3. Does support full resolution on DCS-2332L. You have to configure Profile 2. Try this configuration:

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »

Wow it only works with jpeg not the other options on profile2. Kind of sad dlink... I just use the other apps end up easier and more options.

Pages: 1 [2] 3