• June 02, 2020, 06:00:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Blank computer/host name on status page DIR-827  (Read 4135 times)

Timbermountain

• Level 1 Member
Blank computer/host name on status page DIR-827
« on: June 21, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »

When I view the status of my DIR-827 router, some of the Lan Computers have a blank name. I'd like to know how to assign a name  to a computer  when it is  blank. I am using DHCP reservations where I can specify a computer name, but this name is not getting picked up, or at least is not being dsplayed,  on the status page.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:14:23 AM by FurryNutz »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Blank computer/host name on status page DIR-827
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »

You need to assign a host name ON the PCs for it to show up.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Blank computer/host name on status page DIR-827
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:14:34 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

When I view the status of my DIR-827 router, some of the Lan Computers have a blank name. I'd like to know how to assign a name  to a computer  when it is  blank. I am using DHCP reservations where I can specify a computer name, but this name is not getting picked up, or at least is not being dsplayed,  on the status page.

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!