The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-880L

FORUM USER REQUESTS and BUGS

<< < (2/18) > >>

FurryNutz:
Thanks for posting feedback on this router.

We presume that since D-Link is using a new UI and process that these may not be used in the current system, as the new UI uses a slider bar to create the reservation. FYI, there is a bug on this and has been reported to D-Link regarding using the slider bar to reserve IPs.

The timeout for the UI has been and I presume will alway be set up to time out since I've been told this has to do with security with the router.

Having a set of web pages for advanced users may not be possible as these routers have a certain limit on usable memory and how the UI is developed for everyones use and using this newer simplistic UI. I'm not sure if any advanced pages can be added.

However we do hope that D-Link will review and add what they can.

Thanks for posing and sharing. We hope the router is working well for you.

--- Quote from: snowtire on June 20, 2014, 03:21:18 PM ---FEATURE REQUESTS:
1. Add ability to manually setup DHCP reservation lists like was possible in DIR-655

2. Allow adjustment of the Login timeout.

3. Create an advanced configuration set of pages for advanced users

--- End quote ---

snowtire:

DEFECTS:

1. When first setting up the router if the Primary and Secondary DNS servers are changed at the beginning then access to the internet is lost.  If the DNS servers are set last then access to the internet is not lost.

2. Even after changing the DHCP IP range down to 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.51 the router still gives out octets in the 100's.

FurryNutz:

* What region are you located?
DEFECTS:

1. When first setting up the router if the Primary and Secondary DNS servers are changed at the beginning then access to the internet is lost.  If the DNS servers are set last then access to the internet is not lost.
Are you clearning the DNS caches from all devices when you change DNS during this phase?

2. Even after changing the DHCP IP range down to 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.51 the router still gives out octets in the 100's.
Is the router power cycle using the new IP address range and are the devices power cycled as well after the router to clear out the old IP address? Can you post a picture of the router settings for the new DHCP pool and a picture of the devices that have been given a IP address out side of the new range...

fredde:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on June 20, 2014, 12:39:50 PM ---[+] [Added June 20, 2014] Found a small bug in the UI.
Go to Features -> Port Forwarding -> Virtual Server -> Add Rule -> Application Name dropdown list -> REMOTE DESKTOP -> Apply
This fails with "Text field contains illegal characters". There should not be illegal characters in the dropdown list. Tested with IE11 and Firefox.

--- End quote ---

Fixed in 1.01.

FurryNutz:
I see that. Thanks. Good to go for all regions accept for NA.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version