• May 23, 2024, 12:50:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Massive Problems with Motion Detection, Video gaps and Delay  (Read 2440 times)

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
Massive Problems with Motion Detection, Video gaps and Delay
« on: March 27, 2014, 03:39:16 PM »

I've a got a number of these cameras and I must admit I am getting pretty darn frustrated with real poor job they do. I am trying to generate a 30 second video file upon event trigger which is usually motion detection. I have set up the video to generate a 30 second maximum file with a pre-roll of 3 seconds. I have set the delay between detecting events to 29 seconds (but even 1 second does not improve the situation). I expect to be getting a 30 second video file dumped out to FTP during the time period that motion is continuing to be detected. And I expect the files to actually overlap a little because of the preroll. What I got out is video files that are missing 30 seconds of video between each one - that is not correct performance. What am I doing wrong?

I am using a 800X450 video profile at 1MB to keep the file size and camera cpu demands down.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:09:13 PM by allknowingeye »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Massive Problems with Motion Detection, Video gaps and Delay
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »

You told it 29 seconds between clips. That's why the delay.

1 second is to fast with 3 seconds pre record. Try something around 5 to 10 seconds.

allknowingeye

• Level 2 Member
Re: Massive Problems with Motion Detection, Video gaps and Delay
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »

That is not correct, the same delay occurs whether it is 1 second, 5 seconds, or 29 seconds. The delay is caused by the time record to transmit the file. I have cut the time by upgrading the Wifi - the old unit was pretty weak and was not doing much throughput.